No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Will Back Off if Chavez Jr. Proves He Didn't Smoke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Will Back Off if Chavez Jr. Proves He Didn't Smoke

The World Boxing Council is asking former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1. 32KOs) to provide evidence that he took medication containing marijuana, to help him counter his battle with insomnia. The sanctioning body wants evidence that Chavez was taking medication and not actually smoking marijuana that was purchased illegally.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hahahaha, what?

Comment

Why dont yall just come out and say"we dont really care,we dont want him drug tested,he can do what ever he wants cause Suliman is his damn Godfather??" just keep it real ya'll dont give a **** so stop acting like ya'll do...he has been failing tests.this one just went over ya'lls heads and went public..............hell Suliman who is just a president of a sanctioning bodies wanted to choose the damn judges

Comment

These people pull more strings than Al Haymon...

It should be as simple as this, is Marijuana on the banned substance list? If yes, what is the punishment?

So if Chavez Jr tested positive for a banned substance he should do whatever the punishment is. Rules are rules, even if they are stupid. I'm sure marijuana is only banned because it's illegal, not because of any benefits.

If the punishment is 6 months, he does six months. Plain and simple.

Comment

Such complete and utter BS.

Comment

The best part is that their not asking for evidence, their asking for an opinion.

And besides, this sets a precedent for any other boxer fighting under the WBC, it says you can totally smoke weed and get a doctor to write you off. As much as I'm a believer that weed isn't as harmful as alcohol or cigarettes, if your job description says 'don't do any illegal substances, here's a list of what not to do,' and weed is on that list - don't smoke weed!

Comment

Can someone, anyone, explain to me what interest the WBC has in Chavez jr right now? He does not have their belt. They are not his manager or promoter. He did not fight in the WBC athletic commission fantasy land. Why are they up his behind right now?

The only ones who should be interested in this weed fiasco, is chavez and his team, as well as the Nevada state athletic commission.

Why is the wbc on this? Someone enlighten me here please

Comment

I say keep the suspension, but if he does have doctors note for drops, I think it's fair to remove the stupid rehab punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I say keep the suspension, but if he does have doctors note for drops, I think it's fair to remove the stupid rehab punishment.
                  I wasn't even aware a sanctioning body could force a boxer to undergo rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    Can someone, anyone, explain to me what interest the WBC has in Chavez jr right now? He does not have their belt. They are not his manager or promoter. He did not fight in the WBC athletic commission fantasy land. Why are they up his behind right now?

The only ones who should be interested in this weed fiasco, is chavez and his team, as well as the Nevada state athletic commission.

Why is the wbc on this? Someone enlighten me here please
                    cause Tio Jose runs it and he wont let "mijo" go down in flames

Comment

Working...
                    X