Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: "HBO commentators should STFU during fighter ring entrances"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when ring enteraces blow (like 99.97% of them do) I'd rather hear commentary. Cheesy music and entourages do nothing for me.

Comment

Comment

I disagree. I mean, when there's fighter like Gatti or Hopkins.... I'll always remember Lampley go, "FROM JUST DOWN THE ROAD IN PHILADELPHIA", when Hopkins came out against Tarver.

Comment

HBO commentators should run their mouths when Amir Khan comes into the ring. Nobody wants to hear that g@y ass fake rap song of his.

Comment

Dans right on the money, that **** is beyond annoying. U got plenty of time to yap away during the fight. Close the door during the entrance
            Last edited by JoeDaWg; 05-13-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I don't know if the British commentators are the worst lol. Check out the SkySports broadcast when they couldn't stop yapping during the entrances.

One thing I did learn is that Showtime learned to put on a flashy show from the UFC fights.

Comment

i dont have a problem with talking during an entrance. they are just walking to the ring with music playing. i dont mind hearing some thought and info when they walk to the ring. i dont mind it when they do it during the UFC ones either. i dont see how it could be that annoying. if that annoys anybody then talking during a fight should in someway.

next thing somebody is going to say pre-fight talk is annoying or post-fight interviews lol.

Comment

In principal it is a good idea, but some of these ring entrances take forever. That's a lot of dead air time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    In principal it is a good idea, but some of these ring entrances take forever. That's a lot of dead air time.
                    it can be and that would be more boring imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

There were times could have read the United States Constitution in its entirety before Cory Spinks got his ghetto ass into the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X