whats the best thing to eat before i fight for energy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best thing to eat before i fight for energy

exactly what the title sais.

i never eat too close to fights, ill have a light breakfast before i weigh in (unless im having problems with weight), then a big lunch (pasta) with a sports drink and maybe a bit of ice cream or yoghurt

then nothing but water and maybe a few lollies/piece of fruit before i get into the ring

Comment

mars bar, half an hour before the fight, then just water till go time. Have your last meal (something carbish, pasta or the like) about 3-4 hours before the fight. Dont worry too much about food, your body has enough energy for a hard 3 rounder (4 if your open class) as long as you've been training right. good luck let us know how it goes

Comment

I was told pasta, mars bars and bannans. Personally i like to drink a can of red bull before a fight!

Comment

Red peppers.

Comment

A quart of guacamole. With your hands to make them tough.

Comment

After I weigh in I usually eat some pasta, drink a bottle of OJ fairly quickly, and untill my fight rehydrate on some gatorade/powerade.

Comment

If its something like fruit it takes 30 minutes for your body to get access to the energy. If theres a decent amount of protein about 90 minutes. Im not sure about refined and processed stuff like mars bars and ice cream though, id guess somewhere in between.

Comment

bananas. are excellent for energy, any fast digesting carbs such as rice

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
                    bananas. are excellent for energy, any fast digesting carbs such as rice
                    bananas 4 sure...rice I dunno...based on the fact your hungry an hour later I guess you should eat that an hour ahead of time :-P

Comment

Working...
                    X