No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares: Canelo's Big Mistake, Trying To Box Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mares: Canelo's Big Mistake, Trying To Box Mayweather

Former champion Abner Mares was ringside on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and he was very surprised with the fight strategy of WBC/WBA 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-1-1, 30KOs), who dropped a one-sided twelve round decision to Floyd Mayweather Jr. Mares expected Canelo to apply the same kind of pressure that Miguel Cotto used against Mayweather in May 2012. Instead, Canelo tried to outbox the man regarded as the best boxer in the world.

[Click Here To Read More]

Finally someone with some sense comments on the short comings of canelo. I completely agree how are you going to outbox the worlds best boxer when your only real advantages are your youth and strength not necessarily your ring intelligence.

Comment

Floyd did win but he didnt totally dominate or school Alvarez at all, Canelo had him flinching and missing as well. Everyone else that stood toe to toe with floyd got socked up all night and outclassed. Alvarez deserves some respect for chess boxing floyd and didnt get beat up. yes floyd is great and yes he won butyou cats are blind sayin alvarez got dominayed and schooled

Comment

Canelo isn't a pressure fighter so that wouldn't work either; he fought his fight.

Comment

atleast he didn't get knocked out in the first round like a complete bum

Comment

Originally posted by newcastleking View Post
            Floyd did win but he didnt totally dominate or school Alvarez at all, Canelo had him flinching and missing as well. Everyone else that stood toe to toe with floyd got socked up all night and outclassed. Alvarez deserves some respect for chess boxing floyd and didnt get beat up. yes floyd is great and yes he won butyou cats are blind sayin alvarez got dominayed and schooled
            I like him but he was dominated period

Comment

Why is anyone surprised? Canelo fought the only way he could

Comment

I actually agree with some of what you said! Canelo fought hard, and was trying to work the body and tried to put combinations together. Floyd just landed the more telling punches, and when Canelo threw a punch that might have an effect on Floyd he got out of the way making it look like Canelo wasn't putting in work.

I was a little sleep on Canelo but as a fan of the sport, and a Mayweather fan; Canelo fought well. Mayweather seems to be fighting a lot better with his dad back in his corner.

And right now I believe Canelo would beat any other 154 fighter. This was a great learning experience for him, and he can grow and be a real complete fighter. Only time will tell he is still young, and has a lot to keep his head up about.

Comment

Canelo proved he was a worthy challenger, but not the one who could dethrone Floyd, to be honest I don't see any 140-154 beating Floyd, and don0t bring Lara to the equation because he got hell with Angulo, he doesn't stand a chance against Floyd.

Comment

Mayweather is ****ing boring,i wasted my money to fallasleep mayweather has a disgusting style,no wonder it was nothong but canelo fans,mayweather most boring fighter of all time,not wasting my money on his boring ass

Comment

Working...
                    X