No announcement yet.

Ali-Fraizer FOTC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali-Fraizer FOTC

Watched the fight again tonite, and was just wondering how you guys scored it. It was a pretty tough fight to score, but i thought the cards, espicially Becht's, were off. I thought ali took most of the first half of the fight give or take a few rounds, with fraizer doing the same in the second half
    what are your thoughts?

Originally posted by PBF34
    Watched the fight again tonite, and was just wondering how you guys scored it. It was a pretty tough fight to score, but i thought the cards, espicially Becht's, were off. I thought ali took most of the first half of the fight give or take a few rounds, with fraizer doing the same in the second half
    what are your thoughts?
    what channel did you watch it on?

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
      what channel did you watch it on?
      i have the fight

Comment

i have the fight
        i have i too, but i can't find it, so i guess i have to wait until it comes on again so i can tape it.

Comment

i have i too, but i can't find it, so i guess i have to wait until it comes on again so i can tape it.
          cool cool
          so how did u score the fight?

Comment

cool cool
            so how did u score the fight?
            last time i scored it i had it 8-7 for frazier.

Comment

In rounds I had it 9-6 for Frazier, whereas in points I had it 144-139...

Ali boxed well & had a good start over the first four or five rounds, but Frazier came on to just about even things up after ten. Then of course Frazier had the big 11th round, and won the vast majority of the championship rounds, including the knockdown in the 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi
                In rounds I had it 9-6 for Frazier, whereas in points I had it 144-139...

Ali boxed well & had a good start over the first four or five rounds, but Frazier came on to just about even things up after ten. Then of course Frazier had the big 11th round, and won the vast majority of the championship rounds, including the knockdown in the 15th.
                i have to watch that fight again and see if i would score it a different way.

Comment

i have to watch that fight again and see if i would score it a different way.
                  You & I are only one round off in our scoring of it, Butterfly, so obviously our scores only differ by the slimmest of margins.

Comment

8-7 makes sense, i felt that ali landed so many jabs and straight rights, espicially early, that i had him talking almost all the first half of the fight...the judges had fraizer winning the 3rd and 4th rounds tho, so maybe i missed something

Comment

Working...
                    X