No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Vows - "There Will Be More Fights!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
    Why not. His speed was on point, so was his power and conditioning. Hell that was the best Pacquiao looked since the Cotto fight.

He made a mistake and was clipped, but it wasn't like he was taking a beating or getting outboxed.

I'm glad he isn't retiring and hopefully he can take on Rios/Bradley win that one and rematch Marquez.

What I think Manny will learn from this is that he doesn't need to revert back to his overly aggressive style as he is more skilled and he doesn't have to take the risk he did against Marquez (and earlier in his career) to put opponents away.
    I agree with you 100% even though others think he's done. That night he would have beaten anybody else at that weight not named Marquez or Mayweather. And even with those 2 names there is no guarantee he wouldn't win next time out. You just gotta give Marquez credit for being a truly elite fighter. Marquez is the one that would benefit most from retirement because there would be little gained (besides money) in a fifth fight. Unfortunately for Pacquiao, his promoter limits his opponent options and that is the real travesty because Pac vs Alexander, Guerrero, Canelo, Mayweather, etc...are all good fights.

Comment

Hell yeah. Gotta love Pac-man.

Comment

there will be more catch weight fights and damaged goods..because we just found out anyone who possesses "any" danger is too much for him.

Comment

As a boxing fan im glad that he's chosing to fight again, but I'm afraid that its the wrong choice for his health. That was a devastating knockout .

Comment

I love Pacman more than Marquez but hooray for Marquez for a win that sealed his legacy. I am not quite sure if Pacman will be the same. Remember the great Roy Jones? He did not know when to quit. Newcomers used him as a stepping stone. Manny will have to dedicate 100% effort if he wants to be champion again.

Comment

Originally posted by cottofan2 View Post
              I agree with you 100% even though others think he's done. That night he would have beaten anybody else at that weight not named Marquez or Mayweather. And even with those 2 names there is no guarantee he wouldn't win next time out. You just gotta give Marquez credit for being a truly elite fighter. Marquez is the one that would benefit most from retirement because there would be little gained (besides money) in a fifth fight. Unfortunately for Pacquiao, his promoter limits his opponent options and that is the real travesty because Pac vs Alexander, Guerrero, Canelo, Mayweather, etc...are all good fights.
              Pacquiao didn't get a concussion from that shot and he looks good and healthy. He's ready to go again.

I agree he was in the best shape I've seen since Dela Hoya in that fight. Going into the 6th and just pounding Marquez' face and with blood pouring out of the nostrils he figured there was 1 or 2 rounds left. Marquez in the meantime admitted that Manny could knock him out at anytime. A desperate Marquez making a desperate move ended up landing the perfect shot as Manny went for the kill. Even though Manny could have eased up and took his time since Marquez was already in trouble with the broken nose and blood pouring out and affecting his breathing. Manny being Manny takes the risk anyways. What can you not love about that?

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                there will be more catch weight fights and damaged goods..because we just found out anyone who possesses "any" danger is too much for him.
                cotto at the catch weight possessed a lot of danger so did margarito, and so did many others on his resume especially bradley who really didn't have a big financial upside at all. He got knocked out by an all time great and a fighter who is tailor made for manny's style and it happened in a great fight that was one of the best of the year.

i am the first to agree that manny along with almost every other big fighter, mayweather being at the top of that list, should take more risky fights, and that the #1 fighters should have to fight all the top guys, however boxing is a long way from that ever happening. at least when manny gets in the ring he fights like a warrior and he tries to put on the best show possible for the fans.
                and when he does lose he is a class act.

Comment

Originally posted by lacson View Post
                  Pacquiao didn't get a concussion from that shot and he looks good and healthy. He's ready to go again.

I agree he was in the best shape I've seen since Dela Hoya in that fight. Going into the 6th and just pounding Marquez' face and with blood pouring out of the nostrils he figured there was 1 or 2 rounds left. Marquez in the meantime admitted that Manny could knock him out at anytime. A desperate Marquez making a desperate move ended up landing the perfect shot as Manny went for the kill. Even though Manny could have eased up and took his time since Marquez was already in trouble with the broken nose and blood pouring out and affecting his breathing. Manny being Manny takes the risk anyways. What can you not love about that?
                  This ^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by dr3wj5 View Post
                    cotto at the catch weight possessed a lot of danger so did margarito, and so did many others on his resume especially bradley who really didn't have a big financial upside at all. He got knocked out by an all time great and a fighter who is tailor made for manny's style and it happened in a great fight that was one of the best of the year.

i am the first to agree that manny along with almost every other big fighter, mayweather being at the top of that list, should take more risky fights, and that the #1 fighters should have to fight all the top guys, however boxing is a long way from that ever happening. at least when manny gets in the ring he fights like a warrior and he tries to put on the best show possible for the fans.
                    and when he does lose he is a class act.
                    How many fighters would get robbed the way he did vs Bradley and then have a big smile on his face and say "I have to respect the judges opinion." And then after getting KO'd the way he did on Saturday after he was taking over the fight and say "Hey, that's boxing. That's sports." The guy truly is a class act and has given me and many, many boxing fans such excitement in his career. I am truly grateful that I was able to watch most of his career while in my youth because I will always remember the joy he brought to this sport. Who cares that he's not the single greatest of all-time. The guy will NEVER be forgotten in boxing, period.

Comment

pacman needs to work his way back up, i'm all for a 5th installment but not right away, i'd like to see both acquire a belt first to up the stakes, that way, more people will watch it

Comment

Working...
                      X