Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facial Bruising

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should get one of those head guards that cover your face more.

Comment

how big are the gloves being used?
      and what brand?

if they are anything less than 16 oz i'd suggest bigger gloves
      and if you're going up against real big blokes you could even think about 18 oz

i know it sucks to have to buy more stuff, but it's better than having to stop for the risk of losing your job coming in beat up lol

Comment

I also get a lot of bruises sometimes (mostly on my forehead) when sparring without headguard. I never really minded that and I think the looks from people on the street are funny, but it does bother me a bit that I look ****ed up that easily while others, who got hit more often and harder, have less bruises or none at all.
        Apart from the obvious suggestions (using a headguard, better defense, higher guard), you can also give Vaseline a shot, just a thin layer on forehead and nose, I heard that helps a bit.
        I'll try that myself when I get back to sparring in a few weeks (at the moment it's all about getting back into shape only).

Comment

Should should apply ice pack to the area to bring down the swelling then apply arnica cream, two to three times a day. Usually the bruising goes away in about two days.

Comment

http://cheapmartialartheadgear.blogs...le-boxing.html

Go oldschool. Your face won't get banged up with that.

Comment

You shouldn't be sparring guys bigger than you and make sure you are wearing the same ounce gloves as your opponent. Boxing is hard enough as it, don't give them any unnecessary weight advantages since this is your health we are talking about. Like someone said you can buy headgear with the facebar , which will protect your face really well. Also, work on your defense. Watch James "Come on, boy" Toney. Keep your hands up. Change your fighting style if necessary. Be smart when you fight.

Comment

Some people bruise up easier than others when I started boxing I was like 13 and I sparred with some big dudes and get beat up, but never bruise up I'll get a couple bloody noses but no bruises.

Comment

Working...
                X