Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Fury Should Fight Price, Proves He's The Best!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
    But the "he doesn't deserve it" excuse is not valid. If he retires then fine, but if he fights on it should be against Haye. His own TV guys are asking for it.
    Vitali might very well want his last fight in Kiev. Haye said he's afraid to go to Ukraine, so that would rule him out.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
      Vitali might very well want his last fight in Kiev. Haye said he's afraid to go to Ukraine, so that would rule him out.
      If that is the excuse they come up with, so be it. But it would be just that, an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
        If that is the excuse they come up with, so be it. But it would be just that, an excuse.
        Vitali is the champ, Haye the challenger. So Haye's the one making up excuses to the champ (again)

Comment

Haye should fight someone:

1) prime, not old and faded like Audrey, Monte, Ruiz, C. Thompson, Valuev, etc

2) coming off several wins, not coming off three losses like Chisora

Fury, Pulev, Jennings > Haye

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Finally someone on this thread talks sense

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              Vitali is the champ, Haye the challenger. So Haye's the one making up excuses to the champ (again)
              Vitali is a belt holder, Wlad is the champ.

Comment

Haye shouldn't talk about Fury when he's so picky about who he will and won't fight.

BTW Adam Booth picked Fury to beat Price should they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

By your logic can't say 'this fighter doesn't merit a fight because he hasn't done anything or beat anyone' when the exact same can be said of the majority of his recent opponents.

What did shot to shit Shannon Briggs do to 'merit' a shot against Vitali? Lose the WBO title in his first defence to Ibragimov? Between losing his title and fighting Vitali, Briggs fought 4 no name opponents with 40+ loses between them. One of these was even declared an NC because Shannon failed a drugs test. Let me guess, if Haye had spent the last year fighting against bums with 15+ losses he'd qualify for the fight?

Who did Manuel Charr beat to earn a 'merit' at the 'title'? What had he achieved? Obviously, I mean apart from being a fat man with little skill who was willing to fight for a pittance. Perhaps Haye should gain some flab, gel his hair and fight Vitali for £100k?

What did Chisora achieve in his 15 previous fights to merit a shot at the title? Who did he beat? Sam Sexton? Losing to Tyson Fury? Losing to one handed Helenius? Perhaps Haye needs to lose to a domestic level fighter to get his chance?

What did Sosnowski do that was so special that made him 'merit' a shot at Vitali that Haye hasn't surpassed?

What did Adamek do that's any different to Haye? Former CW champ, nothing special on the HW resume, except he didn't hold a title at HW.

Seems to me that Vitali's previous opponents haven't done all that much to 'merit' shot at his paper title, but you suddenly want to make out that Haye doesn't meet some high qualification criteria that clearly doesn't exist. Why not just say 'I don't want to see this fight because I don't like David Haye' instead of trying to make out it's something to do with not deserving the shot. Unless of course you can explain what these other fighters did to merit their shot?

Comment

I thought Haye did what Boente asked of him when he knocked out Chisora.

So I have no problem with him getting a fight with Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                      By your logic can't say 'this fighter doesn't merit a fight because he hasn't done anything or beat anyone' when the exact same can be said of the majority of his recent opponents.

What did shot to shit Shannon Briggs do to 'merit' a shot against Vitali? Lose the WBO title in his first defence to Ibragimov? Between losing his title and fighting Vitali, Briggs fought 4 no name opponents with 40+ loses between them. One of these was even declared an NC because Shannon failed a drugs test. Let me guess, if Haye had spent the last year fighting against bums with 15+ losses he'd qualify for the fight?

Who did Manuel Charr beat to earn a 'merit' at the 'title'? What had he achieved? Obviously, I mean apart from being a fat man with little skill who was willing to fight for a pittance. Perhaps Haye should gain some flab, gel his hair and fight Vitali for £100k?

What did Chisora achieve in his 15 previous fights to merit a shot at the title? Who did he beat? Sam Sexton? Losing to Tyson Fury? Losing to one handed Helenius? Perhaps Haye needs to lose to a domestic level fighter to get his chance?

What did Sosnowski do that was so special that made him 'merit' a shot at Vitali that Haye hasn't surpassed?

What did Adamek do that's any different to Haye? Former CW champ, nothing special on the HW resume, except he didn't hold a title at HW.

Seems to me that Vitali's previous opponents haven't done all that much to 'merit' shot at his paper title, but you suddenly want to make out that Haye doesn't meet some high qualification criteria that clearly doesn't exist. Why not just say 'I don't want to see this fight because I don't like David Haye' instead of trying to make out it's something to do with not deserving the shot. Unless of course you can explain what these other fighters did to merit their shot?
                      At least Briggs had ONE win over a prime HW top contender at the time, namely Lyakhovich. Haye has ZERO good wins at heavyweight.

Haye has already had his shot at a Klitschko, and put in a poor effort. Charr, Arreola, Adamek, and several others were given their shots.

If Vitali has a farewell fight, he should give Tyson Fury, Kubrat Pulev, Denis Boytsov, or Francesco Pianeta a chance.

I think 20-0 Fury would be the best choice. Win or lose, Fury will go on to become a HOF heavyweight and so will be a good win on Vitali's resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X