Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley the future of U.S. boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not like watching Bradley fight

Ward on the other hand, he can fight in so many different ways that I just have to watch his fights to see how is he going ot beat his next opponent.

Comment

To answer this question, I say yes to Ward, but I'm not to sure about Bradley.

Both are well-spoken and both are winners. Bradley's style, however, is not the type that really lights fires. He's a champ and nobody knows him. Why? He doesn't fight often enough and with significant opponents.

Ward though, wow, too bad he passed on Bute. That would've been the truth, right there.

Comment

As a fan of both, Ward has much more ability to stink the joint out. But hey what's not to like, American, undefeated, versatile, loads of belts, young.

Comment

Both are very talented and are going to do great things in their careers IMO. I think Ward is the better fighter but would much rather watch Bradley, don't let the last 2 fights fool you I think Bradley is gonna produce some pretty good fights. Ward on the other hand will go on to dominate a lot of fighters, but have boring ass fights.

Comment

ward is the most skilled fighetr iver seen in a while

he hasnt been tested though, needs a war or 2 to show how he deas with it (judah stye)

tiimbo........... dont like his headbutting antics
            wanna see him step up to the plate and fight khan

Comment

Please not Tim Bradley. I can watch guys like Andre Ward, Adrien Broner, etc and be very entertained but man no matter who Bradley fights it puts me to sleep. I hate watching him fight and attempt to avoid it at almost all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                I think both are very skillfull fighters but man their styles can be so unentertaining to watch sometimes.

I know some are gonna talk about their 'versatility' and **** but truth is that most mainstream boxing fans don't give a **** about that. And unlike Floyd neither of these guys have the personality to attract new fans.

We have James Kirkland to balance this out.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
                  I was naming the best USA fighters out there right now! Its not my fault thier black. I really didn't even realize it as they came to mind. The truth hurts doesn't it! If it bothers you that much,then you name some other non african american fighters that are the future champions! I'll wait!
                  Nonito and Bam Bam are American

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
                    Nonito and Bam Bam are American
                    Nonito is Filipino like Adamek is Polish and Delvin Rodriguez is Dominican.

Comment

Coming from a Brit, and a huge Froch fan; Ward did what he needed to do to win the fight so let's stop with the hate!

He didn't promise fireworks, he didn't promise blood, and he didn't promise a knockout. What he did promise was a win, and he stayed true to his word.

Andre Ward has always fought as a stylistic boxer/counter puncher with a level of intangibles only rivalled by none other than Carl Froch. Simply put, he has a level of skill, heart, and determination that is rare in any sport, let alone boxing. He fights methodically, breaks down his opponents, and never strays from his gameplan, this makes him a very difficult code to crack. It's up to his opponents to find his weaknesses and expose them, and if they can't do it...well too bad. Why should Ward put himself at a disadvantage in an effort to appeal more fan friendly? He may not be the most entertaining boxer, but it's not up to him to make a boxing match a 'war' that's his opponents job.

Froch couldn't assert himself fully last night to make Ward fight out of his comfort-zone and trade punches. If anybody is to blame for the fight being dull, it's Froch, simply because he couldn't exert his usual tenacity and strength onto the far better man.

So let's stop the 'Ward is boring', 'Ward is a dirty fighter', 'Ward never fights out of his hometown' accusations. Ward did what he needed to do, and I respect him for that. He is truly a top 5 p4p fighter, maybe even top 3, and he deserves all the credit and recognition that the boxing public can spare to give. Froch should be commended also. He simply lost to the better man. Hopefully he can change some things in his arsenal and come back even stronger. Today though, Ward is the winner, and has a very bright future ahead of him!
                      As I said in a thread that was ignored, as long as both fighters are fighting top opposition, they shouldn't be pressured into looking good. That is their opponents job....to make them fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X