View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 06:46 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3114 Post(s)
Boxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,788,255.14
Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx No Message - DionysusX 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedWraps View Post
A division is "weak" if it fits someone's argument on here.

There is no real barometer.

What makes a strong division is lots of even competition and elite competition at that or close to it.

I have been around boxing for a while though and thus rely heavily on my knowledge and recognition of the sport over resumes or marketability of fighters, wheras casuals tend to judge only by marketability first, resume second, and have no ability to use the eye test. That's why to a casual, a division with no names is a weak division. To me, a division can be full of "names" and be weak.

Right now, I consider the ww division weak, and the hw division strong, for example.
I find your comment I bolded above interesting. I myself cant really stand 147-160, I think the politics in those divisions are killing boxing. But I do agree to an extent, I have wanted to voice the same opinion but have been skeptical. Also I am bias because I prefer 140 and below.
Boxfan83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<