Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley the future of U.S. boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre Ward fought the best and has proven to be entertaining. I can't say the same about Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
      Andre Ward is the future of Irish boxing.

Bradley isnt the future of anything
      Bradley is good, bro. He headbutts alot but he is a very good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        Andre Ward is the future of Irish boxing.

Bradley isnt the future of anything
        Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Best they can probably hope for is a Hopkins type popularity because they kept winning and became well respected legends. Maybe Ward cracks that barrier and becomes a star, but with his style and lack of power I doubt it.
        Nobody can have a Hopkins type of personality but Hopkins himself.

Comment

ward - yes

bradley - hell no

Comment

Originally posted by boxaholic View Post
            Andre Ward fought the best and has proven to be entertaining. I can't say the same about Bradley.
            Yup Bradley ducked Khan.

He was afraid he could lose to Khan and he would no longer be in play for the Pacquiao payday.

Comment

both guys have zero firepower even in their desired weight class

floyd actually had an ounce of power at 130

now he's feather fisted but back then he was (almost) entertaining

the usa needs a pacquiao- and ron paul

Comment

Ward, maybe. Bradley, I highly doubt.

Comment

Bradley can be really entertaining when matched with the right guy. Dude comes to fight and he throws a lot of punches. Unfortunetely the fights most fresh in people's heads are Casamayor and Devon Alexander.

Bradley vs Peterson, Abregu, Campbell(for however long it lasted), and Holt were decent scraps. Not otherwordly, but decent nontheless.

Comment

The way you guys are talking about Bradley and Ward you would think they are the guys who run from their opponents like a chicken with his head cut off the way Khan does.

Neither guy is a face first brawler, but they do come to fight, they stand in the pocket and they throw their fair share of punches.

I don't find either guy incredibly exciting, but they are not boring to me either.

There are more than a few other good US boxers out there right now. Tavoris Cloud and the Dirrell brothers have flashier styles, they just need to get out there and fight more often.

Comment

I find Bradley entertaining because he can FIGHT. Bradley can be very aggressive. LOL at people underrating bradley, I know ya'll are pissed at him for ducking Khan but let's be real he's the best 140 pounder and is definitely very talented. The only knock on him is his power, he is very well rounded all across the board.

Comment

Working...
                      X