No announcement yet.

Thomas Hauser's conversation w/ Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Hauser's conversation w/ Ali

Muhammad Ali is humble in many ways, but he also takes pleasure in being famous.

Years ago, when Mike Tyson was in his prime, Ali asked me, “If I walked down one side of the street and Mike Tyson walked down the other, which of us would have more people on his side?”

“You would,” I answered honestly.

“If I walked down one side of the street and Bill Cosby walked down the other, who would have more people; Bill Cosby or me?”

“You.”

“If I walked down one side of the street and Little Richard, Chubby Checker and Chuck Berry all walked down the other, which side would have more people?”

“Yours.”

“Now Muhammad was on a roll.”

“If I walked down one side of the street and Elvis Presley walked down the other, who would have more people?”

“Muhammad, I’ll be honest with you,” I answered. “Overseas, you might. But here in the United States, I think it would be Elvis.”

That brought silence followed by, “Well, that’s because Elvis has been dead for a long time and people would want to see if it was really him.”

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2110/haus...hts_on_boxing/

What do you think?

Comment

-D33Pwaters-, I think you have quite a hard-on for Muhammed Ali.

:*******:

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
        -D33Pwaters-, I think you have quite a hard-on for Muhammed Ali.

:*******:
        I read this on Ring TV................

lol accidentally rhymes........
        Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-14-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
          What do you think?
          Ali got the indomitable spirit and humor laden in his words....I find him one of the most fascinating athlete ever to grace the ring or the field or the court...whatever...hehehhe

Comment

Ali had an unrivalled wit to go with his unrivalled figting talent.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
              Ali got the indomitable spirit and humor laden in his words....I find him one of the most fascinating athlete ever to grace the ring or the field or the court...whatever...hehehhe
              I know, very witty answer.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Ali had an unrivalled wit to go with his unrivalled figting talent.
                I concur...to the max. I still think he IS the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
                  great post...........

Comment

Working...
                  X