Amir Khan Confirms "A Better Fight" Than Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Who's it going to be?

If it's Garcia, who's going to fight Mayweather in May?

Interesting to see what's going to happen.
    Kind of hard to figure what Floyd would do if Khan and Garcia fight each other. Cotto and Martinez are apparently going to fight, so he can't go for Sergio. Thurman isn't ready yet, don't think that would happen. Maybe he's going to go for Alexander, even though that fight won't be the least bit attractive. Or Maidana if he beats Broner. None of that sounds very good, but what else is there?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Kind of hard to figure what Floyd would do if Khan and Garcia fight each other. Cotto and Martinez are apparently going to fight, so he can't go for Sergio. Thurman isn't ready yet, don't think that would happen. Maybe he's going to go for Alexander, even though that fight won't be the least bit attractive. Or Maidana if he beats Broner. None of that sounds very good, but what else is there?
      It would be Alexander if he were fighting a better opponent in December.

Maidana's a possibility if he beats Broner.

The options are so limited.

There's Bradley if he can get out of TR but I don't know what the situation is with his contract.

Comment

There's Bradley if he can get out of TR but I don't know what the situation is with his contract.
        Bradley has 2 more fights with Top Rank. I think his next 2 fights will be Alvarado/Provodnikov winner and Pacquiao/Rios winner.

Floyd's options are:

Khan
        Garcia
        Ortiz if he beats Molina

And if its Khan, it has to be May because he can't fight in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Bradley has 2 more fights with Top Rank. I think his next 2 fights will be Alvarado/Provodnikov winner and Pacquiao/Rios winner.

Floyd's options are:

Khan
          Garcia
          Ortiz if he beats Molina

Hmm, I thought he had less than that a fight ago?

In that case, it's got to be Garcia next.

I'm not 100% certain that Khan would turn down a Mayweather fight for September. He's fought during Ramadan before albeit blamed the loss on it and said he wouldn't again. But, I think he might for a Mayweather fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post

Floyd's options are:

Khan
            Garcia
            Ortiz if he beats Molina

Oh hell no. Even if Ortiz were to win that fight legitimately, which I doubt, that's awful. I'd be pissed if that happened.

Comment

Hmm, I thought he had less than that a fight ago?

In that case, it's got to be Garcia next.

I'm not 100% certain that Khan would turn down a Mayweather fight for September. He's fought during Ramadan before albeit blamed the loss on it and said he wouldn't again. But, I think he might for a Mayweather fight.
              The Garcia fight is growing on me. When you look at the other GBP options there is nobody else that stands out.

Devon and Khan are both 1 win away. Ortiz is a winning streak away and Thurman is unproven.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                He'd still kill Khan. Fighting a current champ at welterweight would be a better fight than Lucas Matthysse coming off the Garcia loss, though. Fighting Garcia is even better, since that was the plan we were told back when the 140 tourney was first announced.

The Lucas fan in me would love to see Khan fight him, because he'd get to look great and put himself in the sweepstakes again.
                He's just a holder of a paper belt. But I see the point, I just think a Matthysse fight is a lot harder for Khan and I would give him massive props if he takes it. But I doubt it's him though.

Garcia will undoubtedly be the best fight and a good eliminator for Mayweather I think.

Comment

• But here is the info on Bradley's Top Rank contract if anyone is interested:

From his manager:

Bradley’s manager, Cameron Dunkin, said Sunday his boxer is bound to Top Rank for an undisclosed time period that would likely feature two more fights.

From Bradley himself:

“We’ll have to cross that bridge when we get there. I’m tied into Top Rank for another year. I’m a man of my word and fulfill my contract. If it’s possible to sign with Top Rank, if they have options for me, then that’s what I’ll do. If not, then we look for better options. I’m not really worried about it now. I’m just going to take it one fight at a time and that’s all that I can do.”

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Originally posted by PBP View Post

Floyd's options are:

Khan
                    Garcia
                    Ortiz if he beats Molina

As much as I hate even typing this there is Qullin at 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      As much as I hate even typing this there is Qullin at 160.
                      Screw that, it will never happen.

Lara is a more likely option than Quillin imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X