Froch vs Pascal was brutal!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch vs Pascal was brutal!

Bombs being thrown from the start.

Man this is an overlooked modern day classic. One of the best fights I've had the pleasure of witnessing live!

How on earth nobody went down & this went the distance I will never know.

Fawwwk the Kessler rematch, bring on Froch vs Pascal 2 lol

I remembered it was bloody good but man, I didn't recall it being this good.

If that isn't a modern day classic, frankly I do not know what is.

Comment

yeah, it was a wonderful FOTY candidate. a friend of mine got into the sport through that one fight (was pounding the arms of the couch when we were watching live on ITV).

Comment

Funnily enough I was watching parts of it earlier. I want to get the full fight in HD before I watch it again in full.

That was the first Froch fight I watched live. I remembered Froch taking a fcukload of flush shots on the chin that night and wondering how he managed it.

I also remember thinking I'd hate to fight Pascal in a bar brawl or club fight, he would tear it up.

Comment

It was amazing.

Carl has been in a lot of great fights, but this is the best of the lot. I remember saying a few times during the fight 'they can't keep taking these shots' - somehow they did. Froch took over down the stretch but the first half was a very even war full of monster power punches.

Comment

you were there?

nice.

i was at froch vs taylor. ringside. the atmosphere in the 12th round was something i'm never going to forget.

Comment

If Froch ever moves up, I want this rematch. Love the first fight.

Comment

It's an underrated fight that I always mention when people speak about good action fights. The other day I saw a thread about a poster wanting to recommend good fights to a boxing noob, I think I read about 8 pages and realized nobody was going to mention this gem of a fight so I did.

The only problem, like always with good fights, was the wide scores for Froch at the end. He won, but not that widely. It was Nottingham after all, so yeah.

Comment

I watched this fight live on stream Setanta Sports or something like that. I can't believe it was 5 years ago already. That's half a decade ago and I was still a teenager.

Comment

I watched it on tape delay, dodged the result the whole day...was jumping around my room half naked at 12 that Sunday night, great fight.

5 years?!

Fucking hell...

Comment

Working...
                    X