Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Manny can make 140 easily why is this fight with Jmm not at 140 for his title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Manny can make 140 easily why is this fight with Jmm not at 140 for his title?

Why is this fight at 147???whats the point??why not have it at 140 for Jmm's title?

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
    Why is this fight at 147???whats the point??why not have it at 140 for Jmm's title?
    the fight is set up so Manny can get a dominant KO win over JMM. SHould this happen, it will rekindle the "manny beats them worse than floyd" talk which should respark discussion and interest in a floyd/manny fight.

Comment

Not sure why there is a need to have titles on the line at this point in their careers, just let them duke it out and hopefully one of them gets KTFO that way we'll never have to revisit this rivalry again...

Actually...if JMM wins this fight, then 2013 will surely feature JMM/Pac V. Nevermind, now I'm conflicted, I want JMM to both win and lose. I'm in a pickle

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        Not sure why there is a need to have titles on the line at this point in their careers, just let them duke it out and hopefully one of them gets KTFO that way we'll never have to revisit this rivalry again...

Actually...if JMM wins this fight, then 2013 will surely feature JMM/Pac V. Nevermind, now I'm conflicted, I want JMM to both win and lose. I'm in a pickle
        Is there a rematch clause? While I am interested in this upcoming fight my heart won't be able to accept another fight

Comment

Pac may still be able to make 140 but a fight at 147 is to his advantage and Pac likes to have every single advantage

Comment

why does it matter if pac goes down to 140 anyways. both guys are most likely going to weigh-in at about the same weight (on the day of weigh-in and on fight night)..and no matter what weight it is (jww or ww) marquez is still going to give pac trouble. did you not watch the third fight? so i really don't see what the point is. also the title marquez has don't mean much anyways...pac already beat hatton for the ring belt or whatever.
            Last edited by Bermuda; 10-03-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Is there a rematch clause? While I am interested in this upcoming fight my heart won't be able to accept another fight
              I doubt there is a rematch clause, but you can just imagine Arum jerking off to the idea of making a criminal amount of money and the promotion material if JMM was to beat Pac's ass and KO him. He would say that JMM/Pac V is necessary for Pac to reclaim that loss and he's on a mission of redemption and blah blah blah. The filipinos of course will eat it up, the mexicans will eat it up and I too think the American audience will eat it up as ESPN, in their new TV deal with HBO show clip after clip of Manny going down, with Manny hitting the airwaves and the campaign trail calling and demanding retribution.

Comment

Manny won't even beat Marquez. Strap up for the 5th fight next April.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                  Manny won't even beat Marquez. Strap up for the 5th fight next April.
                  Be crazy if they can pull such a stunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    the fight is set up so Manny can get a dominant KO win over JMM. SHould this happen, it will rekindle the "manny beats them worse than floyd" talk which should respark discussion and interest in a floyd/manny fight.
                    How is it being set up in favor of a KO for Pac when its going to be held at the same exact weight as their last fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X