No announcement yet.

ESPN's Mulvaney: "MAYWEATHER Is The Best Fighter In The World... #1 P4P"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    So Floyd is no1 based on not what he does but rather what pac didnt do last night?

Floyd is no1 in peoples eyes because he beat JMM better than Pac, but when Pac beats people better than floyd, and beats people floyd avoided people make excuses?

p4p isnt based on one fight on one night or day! Floyd since his comeback has beat a never fought at WW, piss drinking bloated fighter in JMM. Who has now learnt from that fight, stopped poisining himself with the piss and has acclimatised to the weight now.
    So of course he was going to do better. JMM has seemed like he had eternity to prepare for this fight as well. Just like Floyd had eternity to prepare for JMM.

Yeah this. Pac haters using idiotic logic.

Comment

So Floyd is no1 based on not what he does but rather what pac didnt do last night?

Floyd is no1 in peoples eyes because he beat JMM better than Pac, but when Pac beats people better than floyd, and beats people floyd avoided people make excuses?

p4p isnt based on one fight on one night or day! Floyd since his comeback has beat a never fought at WW, piss drinking bloated fighter in JMM. Who has now learnt from that fight, stopped poisining himself with the piss and has acclimatised to the weight now.
      So of course he was going to do better. JMM has seemed like he had eternity to prepare for this fight as well. Just like Floyd had eternity to prepare for JMM.
      Floyds overall body of work is better. This shouldn't be surprising because many p4p voters (yahoo, ring) voted for floyd after he beat ortiz.

As for JMM. I know you loathe floyd but the truth is manny has had 3 tough fights with him. Floyd beat JMM easily on cruise control.

Floyd has proven he can defeat multpile styles without a problem. Manny hasn't dpnee this.

Comment

Agree 100%, the true fighter of the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          When did pacquiao become 1p4p?
          only when the true p4p#1 who never lost the title stepped away

Comment

Mayweather has to face Pacquiao to put this endless debate to bed. All these triangle theories and pound for pound ratings hysteria will come to an end, when they will fight each other.

Comment

I think more than anything, The Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight lost a good amount of luster whether people wanna admit it or not after Saturday night. I think the one thing a lot of us wish wouldn't happen is either 1 guy losing or having a bad outing before both can get in the ring w/ one another. If Mayweather beats Pacquiao now, it's like "Yea, well look how Pacquiao looked in his last fight" (being they fight on May 5th). Though you still have to look at it from a style match up point of view when talking about Mayweather vs Pacquiao, in comparison to Hagler vs Mugabi where Hagler struggled yet still got the KO leading into a Leonard fight, Pacquiao didn't walk out of the MGM as the clear winner quite possibly walking into a fight with Mayweather.

To me, I'd still like to see the fight, but I can see how the overall appeal might've taken a dip.

Comment

This guy doesn't hold much weight because he's acting as if we learned something new Saturday night when we didn't. Actually we did learn something new, we learned that the public has severely opverhyped Pacquiao's wins over DLH, Hatton, and Cotto thinking that he has drastically improved on the strength of those wins when he hasn't. The reality is that Pacquiao was never the best p4p fighter in the world.

Comment

Let's be honest PAC was just minding it for floyd

Comment

blah blah blah...oh by the way urine is sterile! blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                      I think more than anything, The Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight lost a good amount of luster whether people wanna admit it or not after Saturday night. I think the one thing a lot of us wish wouldn't happen is either 1 guy losing or having a bad outing before both can get in the ring w/ one another. If Mayweather beats Pacquiao now, it's like "Yea, well look how Pacquiao looked in his last fight" (being they fight on May 5th). Though you still have to look at it from a style match up point of view when talking about Mayweather vs Pacquiao, in comparison to Hagler vs Mugabi where Hagler struggled yet still got the KO leading into a Leonard fight, Pacquiao didn't walk out of the MGM as the clear winner quite possibly walking into a fight with Mayweather.

To me, I'd still like to see the fight, but I can see how the overall appeal might've taken a dip.
                      Those searching for a hero to beat the evil villian have to rethink the thought manny is that hero. Its still a bankable fight obviously, but floyds skill set, speed, knowledge, reach, and balance make it a tough matchup for manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X