Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawking Took The Easy Road By Saying The Universe Just Appeared From Nothing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"With my art I am the fist...
    In the face of godddddddddd!"

Comment

It sounds to me like he just can't explain it, so he's looking for the simplest solution.[1] Whether it's because he's not smart enough, or because the human brain is incapable of figuring how the universe was formed, I simply refuse to believe the universe came from nothing[2].
      1. I have no idea how you would reach that conclusion.

2. But you happily believe the following:

Let me also state I do not believe in any of the religions created through the years. I'm simply a believer of some creator, or greater being.

Already the obvious question has been asked but I'll ask it again: If you refuse to believe the universe came from nothing do you also refuse to believe that the creator of the universe came from nothing? Inventing a creator asks more questions than it answers which is why it's an exceptionally weak position.

t's also beyond me whether there is an afterlife. For me personally, it's hard to imagine there being no life after death.
      It's easy to imagine. It's just like before you were born. Your own lack of understanding isn't evidence of something. This is a common theme with religious arguments, particularly against things like evolution. The arguer will comment that they simply cannot understand how natural processes can be responsible for phenomenon X therefore god did it.

This is the God of the Gaps fallacy in which the supernatural is invoked for every gap in our understanding. Lightning? Goddidit. Floods? Goddidit. Volcano? Goddidit. Sunrise? Etc. The gaps are getting smaller and there's a reason for that.

Don't know. Don't quote me, and act as if I thought what I was saying is fact. I've never got that far into it. I simply believe what I believe based on my experiences in life, and how unexplainable it is. That just makes the most sense to me.
      You see you began this topic saying that Hawking has taken the easy way out by saying the universe sprang forth from nothing and when challenged on it you've hidden behind "but that's just my opinion".

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        1. I have no idea how you would reach that conclusion.

2. But you happily believe the following:

Already the obvious question has been asked but I'll ask it again: If you refuse to believe the universe came from nothing do you also refuse to believe that the creator of the universe came from nothing? Inventing a creator asks more questions than it answers which is why it's an exceptionally weak position.

It's easy to imagine. It's just like before you were born. Your own lack of understanding isn't evidence of something. This is a common theme with religious arguments, particularly against things like evolution. The arguer will comment that they simply cannot understand how natural processes can be responsible for phenomenon X therefore god did it.

This is the God of the Gaps fallacy in which the supernatural is invoked for every gap in our understanding. Lightning? Goddidit. Floods? Goddidit. Volcano? Goddidit. Sunrise? Etc. The gaps are getting smaller and there's a reason for that.

You see you began this topic saying that Hawking has taken the easy way out by saying the universe sprang forth from nothing and when challenged on it you've hidden behind "but that's just my opinion".
        Lol, you can try and get all technical, and precise on me all you want, but I've already stated it's what I believe, and I don't know why, or understand why. You make good points, and that's about as far as I'll go with it.

BTW, I don't necessarily god causes anything. i tend to think he did what he did, and things just happen for a reason. Like a math forumla, or computer programming type of thing. He wrote the program, and it's playing itself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Hardened View Post
          Lol, you can try and get all technical, and precise on me all you want, but I've already stated it's what I believe, and I don't know why, or understand why. You make good points, and that's about as far as I'll go with it.
          If you don't wish to discuss it why did you not remain silent?

Comment

What do you have against God anyway?

Did he rape your sister or something?

Comment

Because I can do whatever I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Hardened View Post

BTW, I don't necessarily god causes anything. i tend to think he did what he did, and things just happen for a reason. Like a math forumla, or computer programming type of thing. He wrote the program, and it's playing itself out.
                You have the mentality of a religious person but you deny being religious. You should start researching different religions to see which one you like more and join one.

Comment

bulma created the universe

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    You have the mentality of a religious person but you deny being religious. You should start researching different religions to see which one you like more and join one.
                    lol. You don't know me at all, and you really don't know me if you think I have the mentality of a religious person. It's also even funnier that you think this based on 2 paragraphs.

Comment

Lulz, you're the one that keeps taking the easy way out of answering questions asked in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X