No announcement yet.

Simple truth/s about weight loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple truth/s about weight loss

Since a lot of people seem to have false ideas on losing weight, what I am about to post is medical fact. So read it and take it as gospel ok??

You cannot lose more than ONE POUND of fat per week. Period. TOPS.

If you somehow manage to lose more than this, you are not only losing fat. You are most likely losing water (which will be regained rather quickly) and muscle as well.

Funnily enough the reverse holds similarly too - if you somehow gain much more than that per week, you are gaining fat as well as muscle.

This is the first one off the top of my head. I'm going to post more as they come and I will even try and cite facts and figures if people care to argue this fundamental truth of health and fitness.

Anyone else that has any other fallacies they'd like to debunk, please go right ahead.

- The Jake

I love those diets on TV where they claim you can loose 10 pounds in one week. It's all water weight. Most people get upset when they start working out and gain weight when they start loosing fat and gaining muscle. A lot of people don't realize that muscle weighs more than fat (the average person,not anyone who would post in here)

Comment

So if I have a calorie deficit of around 500-1000 calories a day, I can lose 1 pound max per week? I thought 3000 something calories was equivalent to one pound??

Comment

Luke i think thats for cutting.

But I want ot knwo the same thing!!!

I'm at a calorie deficit (I think) and i hope to be steadily losing around 3 lbs a week

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDothSucketh
          So if I have a calorie deficit of around 500-1000 calories a day, I can lose 1 pound max per week? I thought 3000 something calories was equivalent to one pound??
          No. I'm saying if you want to lose fat and only fat, don't expect more than 1 lb a week.

- The Jake

Comment

Thanks man, I had never heard that before

Comment

I have heard 1lb of muscle a week. I actualyl read the study to that, never read the stufy of losing 1lb of fat.

Comment

heres how you can lose 20lbs in a week without ever gaining them back:

amputation.

Comment

omg! I always wanted to lose my right leg.

Comment

Methamphetamines will cut wait quickly......

Comment

Working...
                    X