Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the UFC Owners Have Any Plans To Celebrate its Promotion's 20th Anniversary?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the UFC Owners Have Any Plans To Celebrate its Promotion's 20th Anniversary?

Just wondering. Since 2013 is the 20th anniversary of the UFC, has there been any mention by any of the owners or anything mentioned during any of the PPV shows about the UFC being around for 20 years? If so, any plans for its anniversary, maybe a best of show or a DVD release of best fights or favorite fights or moments voted by fans, maybe some clips of the early days or anything like that? Or will this year just come and go like all the rest? Or how about having some of the early pioneers that are still on good terms with the current owners, like Royce Gracie? Does Dan Severn and Don Frye get along with Zuffa too? Maybe an Oleg Taktarov appearance, Liddell, Hughes, who retired more recently can show up too. Don't you guys think they should do something to honor this or is something already being done?

I hope so.

I hope they have a special anniversary event(UFC 167?) with at least 1 Gracie on the card.

Comment

On the card wouldn't be a bad idea. The UFC bought Strikeforce and there WAS a Gracie under contract with Strikeforce when they were bought. It would be pretty cool, even if it were for just one event. Then, if he looks good, the UFC could sign him to a few more fights. I just looked it up, it was Roger Gracie. He was 4-1 with 3 sub wins and 6-1 with 5 submissions overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        On the card wouldn't be a bad idea. The UFC bought Strikeforce and there WAS a Gracie under contract with Strikeforce when they were bought. It would be pretty cool, even if it were for just one event. Then, if he looks good, the UFC could sign him to a few more fights. I just looked it up, it was Roger Gracie. He was 4-1 with 3 sub wins and 6-1 with 5 submissions overall.
        The UFC signed a multi-fight deal with Roger Gracie. He was one of the first fighters to get signed when Strikeforce folded.

Yeah it would be cool if he was on an anniversary card.

Comment

They wanted to get MMA legalised in New York to hold the fight in MSG. Dana said he already has a card in mind if it happens in time and he basically said its going to be a UFC 100-esque card if it happens.

Comment

Silva vs Jones at MSG

Comment

Working...
            X