Dempsey Tunney FOTC.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dempsey Tunney FOTC.

hey all, since I pretty happy with my Jack Dempsey fight collection lol

The Dempsey Tunney fights were consider the greatness set of fights EVER, even having the first fight called the fight of the century and a half. Out of all my Dempsey fights, these 2 are my favor fights out of my collection. I dont know what it was?? The hard search for the first Tunney 1 fight lol.

The rematch would be dub the battle of the long count, as Tunney would be drop for a count 14, with Dempsey standing over him.
    Tunney will hurt Dempsey in rounds 4, and drop him in round 8, and be on the edge of knocking out Dempsey in round ten. Both these fights were Million $ gates, and the 2nd Tunney fight will be the LAST Million gate, until say Joe Louis came along. And even he will star in only 2 of em.

Tunney was about at his peak during these matchs, while the Mauler was sliding. The first fight will nab Tunney the title, and while Dempsey struggle to beat Sharkey to get a return with Tunney. The rematch is the most rember of the fights imo. And over all the greater fight. Dempsey was better than fight one, but was still a step behind the Dempsey of old.

In my option, round 4 is a big movememt in both fights, Dempsey hurt Tunney with a left hook, that almost DROP Tunney, But Tunney caught the ropes, on his way down, and avoided a knockdown imo, Dempsey did not follow up on the hurt Tunney, and Tunney got away. The old Dempsey would have been all over Tunney in round 4, as I have read, and seeing that round, with Tunney holding the ropes to avoid a knockdown, and Dempsey not having the speed to follow up his attack on Tunney, show the people in the crowd this was not the same Dempsey of 6 years ago. Tunney recover, and went on and took over the round. Tunney won all the rounds in the first fight on my card(I sure he won the 2 rounds I dont have) I gave Dempsey rounds 3 and 7, and Tunney the rest in the rematch.

Here are some snap shots of fight 1, I took. I post the rematch later.

more shots of fight 1,

This is were Dempsey fail to follow up and finshing Tunney in the 4th round of fight 1.

Comment

I wonder if THAT was the REAL bell in fight 1, lol.

Title card.

Comment

And Gene Tunney wins the title at the end of round ten.

Comment

lol these guys cant compare to todays hws they were cruserweights lol

no way this is fotc today but it was a great fight for its day

Comment

dempsey would've whupped tunney in his prime.

Comment

I have both fights, and they are STILL great fights, if you guys can, try and get your hands on them complete, or in the case of fight 1, 8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by gLobE199
                lol these guys cant compare to todays hws they were cruserweights lol

no way this is fotc today but it was a great fight for its day
                they would still beat most heavyweights today.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                  they would still beat most heavyweights today.
                  yea thats true there's hardly any heavy's today that compare

but then again there's hardly any heavyweights today that can compare with most fighters from years past
                  ________
                  LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS
                  Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 08-23-2011, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey1238 View Post
                    hey all, since I pretty happy with my Jack Dempsey fight collection lol

The Dempsey Tunney fights were consider the greatness set of fights EVER, even having the first fight called the fight of the century and a half. Out of all my Dempsey fights, these 2 are my favor fights out of my collection. I dont know what it was?? The hard search for the first Tunney 1 fight lol.

The rematch would be dub the battle of the long count, as Tunney would be drop for a count 14, with Dempsey standing over him.
                    Tunney will hurt Dempsey in rounds 4, and drop him in round 8, and be on the edge of knocking out Dempsey in round ten. Both these fights were Million $ gates, and the 2nd Tunney fight will be the LAST Million gate, until say Joe Louis came along. And even he will star in only 2 of em.

Tunney was about at his peak during these matchs, while the Mauler was sliding. The first fight will nab Tunney the title, and while Dempsey struggle to beat Sharkey to get a return with Tunney. The rematch is the most rember of the fights imo. And over all the greater fight. Dempsey was better than fight one, but was still a step behind the Dempsey of old.

In my option, round 4 is a big movememt in both fights, Dempsey hurt Tunney with a left hook, that almost DROP Tunney, But Tunney caught the ropes, on his way down, and avoided a knockdown imo, Dempsey did not follow up on the hurt Tunney, and Tunney got away. The old Dempsey would have been all over Tunney in round 4, as I have read, and seeing that round, with Tunney holding the ropes to avoid a knockdown, and Dempsey not having the speed to follow up his attack on Tunney, show the people in the crowd this was not the same Dempsey of 6 years ago. Tunney recover, and went on and took over the round. Tunney won all the rounds in the first fight on my card(I sure he won the 2 rounds I dont have) I gave Dempsey rounds 3 and 7, and Tunney the rest in the rematch.

Here are some snap shots of fight 1, I took. I post the rematch later.

- -Only Fights of the Century I knew of were Jeffries/JJOHNSON that was a dud because of Jeffries 6 yrs rust,and then Ali/Frazier that delivered in spades, and then PAC/May that managed to be a bigger dud than JJ/JJ for to many reasons to bother with other than being 6 yrs past it's prime.

Comment

Working...
                    X