Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Mannix calling out Golovkin for ducking, says he should be stripped.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    I for one will not just make up **** to complain about
    right so when those tmt crotch tights come in the mail, just put 'em on...

Comment

I don't even care anymore. I just want him to fight Saunders next.

Unfortunately, it'll probably be Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        If the IBF allowed it then one can not complain, The IBF is very strict and usually has terrible mandatories...I for one will not just make up **** to complain about
        The IBF hasn't allowed it yet.

The IBF said they weren't going to sanction it.
        The next day Golovkin signed the fight. (the IBF might take this as Golovkin giving them the finger)
        Now Golovkin has to apply for an exception, then the IBF will decide what to do.

It's an unsanctioned fight, which if they follow their rules he should be stripped.
        Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 04-19-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
          Vanes is a junior middleweight, wtf are you talking about "Triple G can really hurt Vanes" this is boxing all it takes is one punch to seriously hurt a man or worse. talking like he's welterweight kell brook, ffs

this isn't a mismatch at all.

GGG is 36yo and most likely didn't want to waste the work of a full training camp (which takes a toll on the body) or the expenses occurred.

from all the hurt butts in here, you'd think GGG was fighting Rod Salka!

Vanes has been contender level for years and has always given a good account of himself in the ring, show the man some respect.
          Like you said Vanes is a career 154 lbs fighter not a middleweight this fight isn’t just a mismatch but pathetic as well. You realize Vanes hasn’t fought in over 2 yrs now and is fighting a bigger man in two week notice that’s why all this criticism is being thrown at Golovkin. Have some respect for you favorite sport and stop justifying cherry picking call it what it is don’t let your homerism blind you to that.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            right so when those tmt crotch tights come in the mail, just put 'em on...
            What does TMT have to do with the IBF, This fight or This thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
              Like you said Vanes is a career 154 lbs fighter not a middleweight this fight isn’t just a mismatch but pathetic as well. You realize Vanes hasn’t fought in over 2 yrs now and is fighting a bigger man in two week notice that’s why all this criticism is being thrown at Golovkin. Have some respect for you favorite sport and stop justifying cherry picking call it what it is don’t let your homerism blind you to that.
              so, every instance of a fighter moving up one weight class for a bout, is a mismatch?

just because Vanes hasn't had a fight in 2yr, doesn't mean he wasn't staying sharp in the gym. You talk like dude been working at the warehouse for the past 2yr then decided to fight on a few weeks notice. stop it son you embarrassing yourself with your emotional, irrational thought processes

Comment

so, every instance of a fighter moving up one weight class for a bout, is a mismatch?

just because Vanes hasn't had a fight in 2yr, doesn't mean he wasn't staying sharp in the gym. You talk like dude been working at the warehouse for the past 2yr then decided to fight on a few weeks notice. stop it son you embarrassing yourself with your emotional, irrational thought processes
                LMFAO, happy you realized how big of a groupie you were being and stopped trying to make excuses for Lil G. Next time respect the sport you claim to love and don’t support cherry picks like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
                  LMFAO, happy you realized how big of a groupie you were being and stopped trying to make excuses for Lil G. Next time respect the sport you claim to love and don’t support cherry picks like this one.
                  that how I know I sonned you...you refute none of my points

Comment

that how I know I sonned you...you refute none of my points
                    What points? LOL... You got owned son. You where done from the moment you claim to support this farce of a fight. Again, respect the sport don’t justify mismatches like this

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      The IBF hasn't allowed it yet.

The IBF said they weren't going to sanction it.
                      The next day Golovkin signed the fight. (the IBF might take this as Golovkin giving them the finger)
                      Now Golovkin has to apply for an exception, then the IBF will decide what to do.

It's an unsanctioned fight, which if they follow their rules he should be stripped.
                      Which you know they would have stripped him already. It's already unsanctioned. Why wait for an exception? An exception is a way to "find a way to not abide by the rules".

I'm not sure why the IBF is dragging their feet on this. It's like they're saying "we have a reason to strip you, even though we aren't enforcing you to face your mandatory, but even then, humor me and convince me why I shouldn't strip you".

IBF normally doesn't drag their feet like this. They literally JUST stripped Ogawa 3 minutes after he was suspended for 6 months by NSAC.

It's obvious they RATHER NOT strip him. They're just extremely hesitant.

Comment

Working...
                      X