No announcement yet.

Next HBO 24/7... Marquez vs. Diaz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next HBO 24/7... Marquez vs. Diaz?

I was wondering if anyone knew what the next series of 24/7 episodes on HBO are going to be? I think that it should be about the Juan Manuel Marquez rematch with Juan Diaz.

I looked at a schedule of all the fights coming up, the one's on HBO atleast, and the only one I saw that was HBO PPV was Marquez-Diaz 2 so I am guessing that would be the one they make the next series about.

However I think that if the fight between David Haye vs. Wladimir Klitschko comes into fruition that they should make a series for them as well, they havent had one for any heavyweights yet and these guys hate each other, it'd be a great series in my opinion. Plus, I heard that that fight was being negotiated for a date with HBO PPV in September or October, which would be after the Marquez-Diaz rematch, so it would be pretty sweet if they made one for both fights!

Btw, I just read that Joe Calzaghe is considering a comeback fight with Hopkins again, so Id imagine that they'll probably make a series for that fight too!
    Last edited by hateinyaeyes32; 05-04-2010, 05:51 AM.

Klitshcko-Haye should get 24/7 but I doubt it will.

Comment

HAHAHaa, Marquez-Diaz, they not gonna do that cuz they dont wanna start a riot, they know just how much everyone wants to watch this fight lool.

Anyways if Haye-Klitshcko does get a 24/7, it will be the first time 2 non americans are on it right?

Comment

Originally posted by kaspa9t9 View Post
        HAHAHaa, Marquez-Diaz, they not gonna do that cuz they dont wanna start a riot, they know just how much everyone wants to watch this fight lool.

Anyways if Haye-Klitshcko does get a 24/7, it will be the first time 2 non americans are on it right?
        Pacquiao-Cotto.

Comment

Klitschko - Haye would be great. Thats one I would watch, I want a 24/7 that doesn't involve Floyd or Pacquiao (or Calzaghe-Jones)

No point in Marquez - Diaz IMO

Comment

Originally posted by 23|1|26|1|1 View Post
            Pacquiao-Cotto.
            Oh yea, duh!

Comment

Correct, as well as Pacquiao-Hatton. And I think that both shows would get alot of viewers, not many people know of Diaz outside of hardcore boxing fans, but im sure with Juan Manuel Marquez appearance on the Mayweather-Marquez 24/7 series that he's got some Mainstream follower's now, and alot of Latino's as well. Plus they will hear of the rivalry, and people will tune in, especially due to Marquez piss drinking antics, theyll be watching to see if he does the same again! And not many Americans know who David Haye is outside of hardcore boxing fans, but Klitschko is definitely a mainstream name, people will watch for him, and alot of Brit's will tune in as well for Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
                Correct, as well as Pacquiao-Hatton. And I think that both shows would get alot of viewers, not many people know of Diaz outside of hardcore boxing fans, but im sure with Juan Manuel Marquez appearance on the Mayweather-Marquez 24/7 series that he's got some Mainstream follower's now, and alot of Latino's as well. Plus they will hear of the rivalry, and people will tune in, especially due to Marquez piss drinking antics, theyll be watching to see if he does the same again! And not many Americans know who David Haye is outside of hardcore boxing fans, but Klitschko is definitely a mainstream name, people will watch for him, and alot of Brit's will tune in as well for Haye.
                Marquez is not well known either amongst casual fans, its not a very good investment if you ask me. Especially when most people see this rematch as 'Pointless' theres no point making a 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  Klitschko - Haye would be great. Thats one I would watch, I want a 24/7 that doesn't involve Floyd or Pacquiao (or Calzaghe-Jones)

No point in Marquez - Diaz IMO
                  I think it'd be pretty dope if they did one for Dirrell-Ward, but it wont happen because it's a Showtime fight. And both guys arent well known to mainstream fans... Really, this series hasn't had any episodes without a mainstream name, or a name that hasnt been on the series before.. Mayweather-De La Hoya, Mayweather-Hatton, Pacquiao-De La Hoya, Pacquiao-Hatton, Jones Jr.-Calzaghe, Mayweather-Marquez, Pacquiao-Cotto, Mayweather-Mosley... That's why I think that maybe Marquez-Diaz could be a series maybe because of Marquez appearance on the show, and Klitschko-Haye because alot of mainstream fans know about Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by kaspa9t9 View Post
                    Marquez is not well known either amongst casual fans, its not a very good investment if you ask me. Especially when most people see this rematch as 'Pointless' theres no point making a 24/7
                    Yeah but dont bull****, you know like everyone who says the rematch is pointless is more than likely going to watch the fight anyways, and everyone on here would watch the 24/7 just because it's a tight show, and they'd make it interesting enough to get people to want to buy the PPV, that's just my opinion but hey I could be wrong. Also, they didnt do one for Pacquiao-Clottey, so you could be right, if they didnt do one for a Pac fight why do one for Marquez? But I honestly think that had something to do with them being pissed for him not making the Mayweather fight happen, and possibly because they knew Floyd's fight was coming up shortly after Pac's and if they had to choose which one to make it'd be Floyd for sure seeing as he's American and quite entertaining, never at a loss for words...

Comment

Working...
                    X