• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classy move by Dibella. That's outstanding especially in this day and age

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. David View Post
      Edgar,

Taylor's promoter is Lou DiBella, not Gary Shaw.
      Yes of course, David, how stupid I am, and it's right in front of me in print, and I should have known,. actually DID know anyway. Sorry.

But I hope the gist of my response concerning Gary Shaw, remains valid.

Thank you again.

Hag Sameach,

By the way, do you know any Panamanian boxing guys. I'm going down there shortly, and would like to make contact.

Comment

Taylor was a little reluctant to use his right hand in the Abraham fight....

I think he still has something left, but we will definitely find out when he takes on Ward....

Comment

Originally posted by bigtexask9 View Post
          There is no way I am trying to see Taylor lying on the canvas once more. He gave me great memories and I understand he wants to redeem himself, but your life should be more important than taking another precarious risk of losing it. The sad thing about it all, is he is not getting knockdown, but instead knockout unconsciously. That is another conversation when you are getting knockout cold 3 times in two years. I love his heart and determination, however; you have to know when its time to move on.
          Maskaev has had seven losses, which, for him mean SEVEN KO's.

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
            Classy move by Dibella. That's outstanding especially in this day and age
            I really don't think putting your private business out there in pubic between you and someone you consider to be close a classy move. They could have parted ways and left it at that. He could have told Jermain all this in person and face to face rather than publish it in the press for all of us to read. Yes we would have seen that he was not being promoted by Dibella any longer when we saw him in his next fight but we wouldn't have to lnow why. We could have figured it out on our own. personally I think JT drew the toughest match up for him in the first round of this tournament. DiBella knowing his fighter has trouble against big punchers and that he was coming off a KO loss shoul dhave tried to have gotten him in there with either Dirrel or Ward the first round. I would have Stayed away from kessler, and AA if I were him. let him get in there with someone who is not known for KO's and see if he can gain his moxy back by getting through and entire 12 rounds. Instead he gets him AA in the first round a hard hitting slick styled power in both hands fighter. Gets it in AA's home town and we all saw what happened. now he wants to go off at the jaw when his fighter wants to continue on the path he laid out for him because he thinks it will bring uneeded punsihment and doesn't want to be a part of that??/ I strongly disagree with what he did even if he disagreed with his fighter he should have stood behind him for one more fight. JT is obviously going for that belt and trying to beat the man who just beat the man and SMW. Why not at this point what has he got to lose and everything to gain. one punch in your first pro fight could end your life....lefty

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              It's a very responsible and respectable move by DiBella..... but did he have to tell the whole word he thinks Jermain is done?
              He didn't say he thinks he's done. He specifically said he thinks Taylor is still capable of beating top fighters, but that the risks to his health outweigh that.

And you can't stop being someone's promoter without giving any reason. Both he and Taylor would have been besieged by journalists if he'd tried to do that.
              Last edited by Dave Rado; 12-14-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                Maskaev has had seven losses, which, for him mean SEVEN KO's.
                Not concussive KOs. Taylor's KOs were brutal and he reportedly lost his memory for a few hours after his last fight. Plus Maskaev's losses were far more spaced out in time.

Comment

Working...
                X