No announcement yet.

lower back problem need help!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower back problem need help!!

when im running after about a mile my lower back start to tighten up and hurt. what does this come from? and is their any stretches i can do? am i running worng or something? no gay **** but i have to arch my but to stop the pain and **** then i have to stop then bend over to loosen it what is it from and how can i prevent it. (waits for the gay jokes)

Originally posted by DJ QUIK JR. View Post
    when im running after about a mile my lower back start to tighten up and hurt. what does this come from? and is their any stretches i can do? am i running worng or something? no gay **** but i have to arch my but to stop the pain and **** then i have to stop then bend over to loosen it what is it from and how can i prevent it. (waits for the gay jokes)
    you have to stretch before you run. Try to touch your toes while standing or go to a pole or somehting and push against it until u feel the stretch in your lower back. You can also get some foot padding in your shoes that has foot support. One really good stretch is to lay on the ground and put one of your legs on top of your other knee and use both hands and grab behind ur knee and pull. Its hard to explain.. but you cna find it online

Comment

I have the same problem, it originated for me from throwing too many left hooks.

you can stretch out your lower back, you can also get massaged by a professional. This problem will never go away though, you just have to relax and make sure you are properly warmed up.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK JR. View Post
        The problem I see is not so much that you have to stick your ass out but that you're becoming to like it.............

Seriously, try some icy hot or anything that heats up your lower back before running, make sure you stretch properly, try to run on grass or track avoid hard surface, get some good runing shoes, finally and most important try to rest it out for 2 weeks to a month see if that heals.

Comment

i had it also for a short time, my doc said me to train the lower back muscles and it helps for me , just try it

Comment

Yeah, i agree with working out those lower back muscles. That's important. Lot's of good advice above.
            I used to run 5 miles in the woods, uphill and level, long paths, , 3-5 X's a week, and work out 3x's a week. Always stretched before and after, also warming up by a good 10 minute walk before and after the run. Then i found out after it got so painful to run i had spinal degeneration.

Now i can't run and am limited to very mild stretches just so i don't flab out. I hope this isn't the case with you, and i don't mean to make you worry unneccesarily, but a lot of poeple have lower back problems, and when i went through physical therapy, they said spinal degeneration is more common than people think. If you can afford it, IF the above advice doesn't work, you might want to consider getting some xrays.

I have a lot of friends that have had their backs operated on. Once you go there...it just gets worse. Preventive moves i took might have saved me from going under the knife, and i really loved running, and having to stop sucked.
            Last edited by jazluvr; 08-14-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

well i say stop running if it hurts really bad because then you make it worse try using a cycling bike if not you can buy a slimmer belt from everlast it really works you can buy that at your local big 5 it tones abs and helps back at the same time you can put like an ice back in it

and go to a chiropractic to see wassup just in case <>

Comment

i had the same problem, turns out i was running incorrectly. my feet were basically stomping the ground when i ran and that caused the pain in my lower back. the way to avoid the pain is to run with a smooth stride in each foot, kinda like a rolling motion from heel to toe. try it and let me know if it helped.

Comment

YOU NEED PROPER RUNNING SHOES AND LEARN PROPER RUNNING FORM.

It's not always about working out and going to a chiropractor. A LOT of the knee, back and foot problems you guys have are from not having proper running shoes and running like a little kid. Learn to run. There IS a proper way.

Comment

i had that problem when i first started out.. the best thing to do is stretch thats how i got rid of it.. u gotta stand up straight and touch your toes that regular strecth .. do it a couple times a day and your back will feel better

Comment

Working...
                    X