Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Shape Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i believe that it is how you look at it. marciano and ali in the 60s in my opinion were the best trained. however the way they trained was different. marciano trained to take a punch and to hit hard, non-stop for 15 rounds. ali, however trained to dance and not get hit and to avoid punches and to get in as many punches as he could with great speed and accuracy, and to do this non-stop for 15 rounds at the same pace. you could tell they were up for it too. marciano would keep on coming for 15 rounds if he wanted to, and it didn't seem as if he was getting tired. his punches in the last round were just as hard as in the first. likewise for ali in the 60s, he had the ability to dance for 15 rounds non-stop and his handspeed would not diminish at all up to the final bell. even in between rounds, when the other fighter was on his stool resting and getting treated, ali would sometimes not even sit on the stool and, get this, dance and jump around the ring at his corner for the whole minute before the next round started! sometimes this would even occur late in the fight! this is attributed to countless miles of roadwork and sparring with lightweights.

Comment

bump......

Comment

marciano definately he was 100% from round 1 to 15 frazier is second IMO again he just doesn't tire.

holyfield occasionally had bad days but most of the time he could out work and outlast anybody

hagler and robinson were also tireless

i feel ali did tend to slow down in the later rounds if even he didn;t start gasping. his only long fights when he was young were imo not challenging enough to tire him.

Comment

Yup gotta be Marciano for me. The guy was built to last the distance and was a great trainer

Comment

Its Marciano, he was very well conditioned.

Comment

Ricky Hatton, WIthout a doubt.

But seriously...

From what i remember RJJ was always in good shape

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
                butterbean
                - -True enough.

As a 4 rd fighter, when challenged by Tubsy Lar who used to be skinny in a 10 rounder, bean stepped it up to knock him down after mocking him for running from Bean the whole fight.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr was always in shape. And kept himself that way in between training camps, he was never too far off from his fighting weight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Floyd Mayweather Jr was always in shape. And kept himself that way in between training camps, he was never too far off from his fighting weight.
                    - -Missed the JMM weight in spite of two 8 week training camp.

Jus reminding...

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -Missed the JMM weight in spite of two 8 week training camp.

Jus reminding...
                      That would be the one exception, yes.

He was coming back from a retirement that time.

Comment

Working...
                      X