Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ishe Smith vs Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ishe Smith would be a good comeback fight for Miguel Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      The funny thing is Ishe has a better resume than Canelo at 154 now Or atleast a better win. I don't understand why Canelo never fought K-9.

The only way I'd support this fight would to see Ishe get a nice pay day.

But judging by Mayweather's comments at the post fight press conference, he wants to have Ishe have some easy defenses before cashing him out.

Me personally? I'd rather see Ishe retire now. He will never get any higher than this point.
      Retire and do what? Dude needs to earn a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        Maybe next year after Canelo looses to Floyd. A safe title fight, if Ish is even able to hold on to it by then.
        Floyd has not defeated Canelo yet or even agreed to fight him. I doubt Floyd will fight him and if he does I think Canelo wins. Floyd deserves full credit for fights he has actually won. He should not get penciled in as an automatic winner over good fighters he has yet to beat. Until Floyd fights Canelo the winner of that fight is up for grabs. That's why they have the fight. Canelo could lose to Trout and Mayweather could lose to Guerrero.

Comment

I don't think Smith is gonna have that title for long, hell even Cotto could rough that guy up and probably beat him still. Feel bad for him, I think TMT will help him keep his title for a fight or two.. who knows what would happen to him.

I'd definitely choose Canelo over Smith by afar.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            wouldn't be surprised to be honest..weren't we supposed to find out if canelo vs trout was a done deal like on friday? well it's sunday now and still no word....at least i haven't read or heard anything new about the situation...
            lets not over react again we all made fun of the delayed announcement from mayweather which actually made sense now. it changed the game

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
              would be funny to see him crying again after taking 5 knees
              That's exactly what would happen too. Canelo would anally pulverize him.

Comment

Nah, Canelo won't stand for it. He wants to fight the big fights and if GBP tries to feed him subpar fights, he will set them straight. He is the next cash cow of the sport and they know it.

Comment

I think Canelo would beat Ishe up, at worse he would win a clear decision...Ishe isn't busy enough and I don't think he could hurt Canelo...too big for him...

And like some have said already I doubt Ishe holds the title very long...

Comment

Working...
                  X