Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Marquez vs Morales never happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an offer from morales/arum to JMM before the chris john fight. Even before then they should have fought.

I hear JMM's management was really **** and wanted too much or whatever. But I wont place all blame on JMM because who knows what kind of BS arum had as well.

Comment

Marquez priced himself out on several occasions.

I would go into this more if you like, but as a guy who has followed all these guys since the late 90's, I can tell you that for whatever reason Marquez would always call out fighters, only to make ridiculous demands, and in turn claim those fighters were ducking him.

He did it with Morales, Hamed, and Pacquiao. I'm sure Nacho should share the bulk of the blame, but overall he is a terrible businessman (JMM) and has made some bone head decisions.

Comment

It always seemed they were off doing something else, I don't really remember any push toward the fight. All I know is that basicaly JMM lost to Norwood and never recovered until the first Pacquiao fight, when it almost crumbled all over again in the first round. Had be beat Norwood and continued on to fight Hamed, who Emanuel Steward openly admits they ducked, he might have gotten into the mix with Barerra and Morales at the time. He was always much more unknown, fighting in LA, Reno, Vegas..not always building up the following that Morales got. He brought HBO to TJ, beat Zaragoza and got off to a fast start...there was never a jumping off point for Marquez.

Comment

Too much badassery cannot be contained in one arena. It's not physically possible.

Comment

Marquez >>>> EM

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              Too much badassery cannot be contained in one arena. It's not physically possible.
              This is the correct answer.

Comment

Working...
              X