Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How detrimental to a career is being knocked out cold?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How detrimental to a career is being knocked out cold?

I cant remember many fighters from the past who came back to reclaim glory after going to sleep. In recent history it's been world shattering. We have Hatton, Khan, PWill, Diaz and now Pac. Will he be the one to make a full recovery in his psyche and career? Fighters tend to fade away quickly following brutal unconcious KO's. Are there any real success stories after short naps in the ring?

Lennox Lewis. Although he had the luxury of being tall with a long reach, so he could fight more measured and careful.

In terms of aggressive fighters, I don't really know.

Comment

Pac is great so still will have success if he wants it. But his best days are behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        I cant remember many fighters from the past who came back to reclaim glory after going to sleep. In recent history it's been world shattering. We have Hatton, Khan, PWill, Diaz and now Pac. Will he be the one to make a full recovery in his psyche and career? Fighters tend to fade away quickly following brutal unconcious KO's. Are there any real success stories after short naps in the ring?
        No the show is over for him. They will set him up against people to make him look good and get his confidence again. Then he will get sparked again.

The Pacquiao in a top P4P days show is over.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
          Lennox Lewis. Although he had the luxury of being tall with a long reach, so he could fight more measured and careful.

In terms of aggressive fighters, I don't really know.
          Oh yeah. I totally forgot about that. Thats probably the best example. I cant remember if Wlad was unconcious in any of his losses. Can you remember any smaller guys that recovered?

Comment

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about that. Thats probably the best example. I cant remember if Wlad was unconcious in any of his losses. Can you remember any smaller guys that recovered?
            Duran, maybe?

It's so weird to be wondering if Pac has one more great fight left in him. The mighty have fallen.

Comment

Huge.. especially for Manny's style.

That's why I think it's over too. Put him in there with Maidana, he can see the shots coming and beat up on Marcos but we'll see if his chin is still intact when/if the bombs start landing.

Comment

Well, lennox fought only 3 more times after he was put out cold. Still he preformed pretty well in those fights.

Wlad was never KOed actually he was TKOed.

Comment

Duran, but at that time, there were only killers. In today's boxing landscape, Pacquiao already fought all the toughest guys at his weight class. I'd say go fight Rios, then rematch JMM.

Comment

Itīs not just the knockout, Pac took many power shots in the four fights from a guy with +40 stoppages, by the third you could see his brain responding to the hardest hits with a brief short circuit. Prime Pac is over.

Comment

Working...
                    X