Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if EA Sports came out with a new boxing game what would you add or take out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would take out Lampley Merchant Steward and Kellerman and replace them with Roy Jones Jr James Toney Antonio Tarver and Victor Ortiz.

++ I would also add catchweights, in case virtual fighters were too scared to go up in weight.

Comment

I forgot to mention that in champion mode the cut scenes looked terrific everything smelt of boxing there was a real here we go feeling before the bell each opponent felt like a challenge i loved it and iv continually repeated champion mode for this reason if they can somehow bring this into legacy with some of the great cut scenes before the fight that would hugely increase the legacy mode play factor i think.

Comment

Remember guys... if EA still owns the Fight Night Franchise.... you can't really expect much

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Remember guys... if EA still owns the Fight Night Franchise.... you can't really expect much
          EA still owns the franchise iv read the guys who took charge of the last FN game have been giving the job of creating the new UFC game aswell not that i care but im glad its the same team who did the last game will be doing FN5 on there site they said there very much committed to the FN franchise.iv purchased every boxing game ever made for PS and XBOX and champion mode in the last one was something special and above anything thats come before it,i think its the fighter roster that let every one down if they can improve on this aspect its a great start to improving the game its good as it stands all they gotta do is fix and add some features fingers crossed.

Comment

In Legacy they need let you make more 480k when you are the unified champion. Also you used to be able to go up and down in weight they should bring that back. I just want another Fight Night plain and simple and more fighter would be great also.

Comment

Put Money Mayweather in the damn game.

Comment

The first thing that should be addressed is how most boxers look absolutely nothing like the video game versions of themselves. They make a welterweight fighter look like a short heavyweight with the wrong style, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

If they can make the NFL guys look exactly like the pro players, why not boxing? Also, the fighters are way too slow in-game, and they telegraph punches. Make it more realistic by giving the fighters believable levels of speed and it will be more challenging but more fun. Yeah, it'll be difficult at first, but the realism will pay off in the long-term...

Comment

they obviously have different design teams working on the games, so you cant expect the same quality from a football game to be applied to boxing... plus i think fight night champion was the first from EA CANADA. thats why its different from fight night 3. there seems to be no news regarding a new boxing game.... i hope they dont let the franchise die.

my wish list:
                  • get the HBO team to sign on to do commentary... they freaking agreed to do the crappy don king boxing game.... it would be cool to have the espn team do most commentary, but title fights & PPV fights would be the HBO team... this would be VERY satisfying for career mode.
                  • more participation from promotional companies... it seemed GBP was all up in the game. it would be nice to actually have some licensing from the different promo companies.
                  • tweak game mechanics... previous version packed more thud when punches land... FN champion seemed to just roll too much, every punch felt like glancing blows. the added camera shake didnt help, IMO. lost realism... too arcade-ish
                  • make divisions more deep... its sad when featherweight, bantam, etc only have 1-2 fighters to choose from... feels like a demo.
                  • complete animation & player model overhaul

im sure they are having a hard time justifying another release for the franchise considering this "dying" sport..... but im sure a well thought out game with the polish and presentation of the THQ/Yuke's UFC game will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I'd put more story behind career mode... Or "legacy" mode, whatever they wanna call it

In FNR3 you had rivals, the only problem was that u had to fight them at certain points, no choice... The new games need rivals that progress along side you, and you can choose whether or not to fight them... And it could effect your popularity (like, if u duck them, your popularity drops... They duck u, their popularity drops... etc)

Also, you can only move up 1 weight class... In real life there's no cap and their shouldn't be in the game either...

Also there are 3 belts, but only 1 ranking system... What's the point of that? All three belts should have their own rankings

And the most annoying thing is, once you move up in weight and become the unified champion... Your stuck with the same top 5 or 6 contenders to fight... It doesn't matter if you already beat them, knocked them out in the first round, or they stick around, and you have to just hope they retire at the end of the year... They should constantly be eliminating people that you just beat once you become champ... Doesn't have to be permanent, just for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      Put Money Mayweather in the damn game.
                      Too expensive. He wasn't in Champion because he asked for too much

Comment

Working...
                      X