Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it was expected ..mofoker was huge againts marquez...

Comment

• Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      Praise floyd for beating a fighter moving up two weight classes.
      Bash canelo for that exact same reason?Wtf is going on here

Yup that's exactly what's going on here. Talk about double standard's

Comment

• Originally posted by liraj View Post
        Yup that's exactly what's going on here. Talk about double standard's
        When Lopez fights again at 154 and beats or arguably beats a top fighter there, let me know. Because I'll give Alvarez credit then.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          When Lopez fights again at 154 and beats or arguably beats a top fighter there, let me know. Because I'll give Alvarez credit then.

It wont happen, Lopez and his trainer are talking about moving back down to 140, possibly 147 if the right fight comes along.

Comment

It wont happen, Lopez and his trainer are talking about moving back down to 140, possibly 147 if the right fight comes along.
            My point exactly. Lopez is never going to fight there again because he can't beat any top fighters at 154.

Marquez lost to Floyd at WW, but he returned to the weight and arguably beat Manny, and proved he can fight well at that weight. Lopez isn't going to fight at 154 ever again probably.

So his comparison was dumb.

Comment

My point exactly. Lopez is never going to fight there again because he can't beat any top fighters at 154. Marquez lost to Floyd at WW, but he returned to the weight and arguably beat Manny, and proved he can fight well at that weight. Lopez isn't going to fight at 154 ever again probably. So his comparison was dumb.
              yeah but manny is the same size as marquez...so it did'nt matter where they fought..it only matters when the other guy is clearly bigger which was the case with floyd vs jmm ..just like with canelo vs josesito

Comment

My point exactly. Lopez is never going to fight there again because he can't beat any top fighters at 154.

Marquez lost to Floyd at WW, but he returned to the weight and arguably beat Manny, and proved he can fight well at that weight. Lopez isn't going to fight at 154 ever again probably.

So his comparison was dumb.

I doubt Marquez will ever fight anybody at 147 not named Pacquiao. Marquez just has Pac's number and can beat him at any weight. I dont think Marquez can hang with any of the top 5 welterweight's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  People like to claim that Mayweather is some huge guy.

His 30 and 7 day weights and his fights at 154 are proof positive that the guy is never above 151.

Floyd's fight night weight is 150 pounds. Floyd is no bigger than Guerrero or Khan. Floyd's fight night weight was less than Hatton.
                  Not a huge guy. Just much bigger than Marquez. When does Marquez ever weigh close to 150?

I dont see how this is a masterclass performance when every advantage was already given to Floyd.

It was an expected outcome and im okay with that but I wont call it more than that. Just like I wouldn't call Canelo vs Josesito more than an exhibition.

Badass guy from 147 vs Badass guy from 135. Usually the bigger guy will win. We're not talking about Roy Jones vs John Ruiz or Pac vs David Diaz here.

Comment

I doubt Marquez will ever fight anybody at 147 not named Pacquiao. Marquez just has Pac's number and can beat him at any weight. I dont think Marquez can hang with any of the top 5 welterweight's.
                    You don't think Marquez could hang with some of these guys???

Ring Top 10 WW's:
                    Manny Pacquiao (already arguably beat him at WW)
                    Floyd Mayweather (got dominated by him at WW, I'll give you that)
                    Kell Brook
                    Paulie Malignaggi
                    Jan Zaveck
                    Timothy Bradley
                    Randall Bailey
                    Josesito Lopez
                    Victor Ortiz
                    Robert Guerrero

He'd lose to Mayweather 100% no doubt about it.

He'd hang with Pacquiao, Bradley, Ortiz, and Guerrero, and would have a good chance at winning those fights.

He'd beat Brook, Bailey, Malignaggi, Zaveck, and Lopez. I'd at least favor him to beat those fighters.

Bailey would be out classed, and his only shot to win would be to land a bomb and KO Marquez. I doubt that happens. Ortiz may prove to be too big for Marquez, but I wouldn't count him out.

Lopez survived Ortiz' punches and was able to find Ortiz often enough to win 3-4 rounds againsth im. What's to say Marquez wouldn't survive Ortiz' punches, and counter him often enough and to stay away from Ortiz enough to win a decision???

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
                      yeah but manny is the same size as marquez...so it did'nt matter where they fought..it only matters when the other guy is clearly bigger which was the case with floyd vs jmm ..just like with canelo vs josesito
                      So if Marquez and Manny are the same size, what would that mean for Floyd-Pac???

Comment

Working...
                      X