Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dude, Jones-Brook has got to be a candidate for FOTY!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    My opinion?? I like what I've seen from him so far. Under pressure, fighting behind his jab. His combination punching. Ring generalship. I think he's rather talented.
    I'm just going to ask some of the questions you have asked in the past if that is okay with you?
    Chavez jr, or ginger. I didn't like either at 1 point, but IMO Chavez jr has really stepped his game up & dare I say has a shot at legitimately being the best fighter at 160. I used to think that Martinez clowns him, but now I'm not so sure.

I have absolutely no respect for ginger. Rhodes is his greatest win, IMO or Hatton, (not Ricky), for his strap. I cannot name a step up fight since being handed his title. He has reached a curve & done nothing note worthy ever.
    The bold makes no sense to me. How is ginger more visibly skilled when in fact his level of comp is lesser. How do you gauge how good he is off of $h!tty comp as opposed to Chavez displaying his skill against better fighters.
    This is backfiring dammit. But IMO Chavez is a very skilled pressure fighter. What's ginger's fighting style exactly?? Seems like a wanna be counter puncher/boxer puncher. But he has been applying his trade against no-hopers. I still am not seeing how you gauge him off of beating fighters he's supposed to beat. he looks like a jr Bute to me.
    What is Kell Brook's greatest win?

How is Kell Brook's more visibly skilled when in fact his level of competition is less than the likes of Khan, even Berto, Ortiz and Allexander?

How do you gauge how good Kell Brook is when he has been up against shitty opposition?

How do you gauge Brook's ability against fighters he is supposed to beat?

Comment

Wait?? You thought that fight was close??
      it certainly wasnt a "1 sided beat down"

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        I'm just going to ask some of the questions you have asked in the past if that is okay with you?

What is Kell Brook's greatest win?

How is Kell Brook's more visibly skilled when in fact his level of competition is less than the likes of Khan, even Berto, Ortiz and Allexander?

How do you gauge how good Kell Brook is when he has been up against shitty opposition?

How do you gauge Brook's ability against fighters he is supposed to beat?
        Wait, you're comparing the wbc world champion to an up n coming contender?? Solid comparison. BTW didn't ginger beat Hatton for his strap?? BTW who said anything bout Alexander??

Comment

If that is not a fight of the year "CANDIDATE" at least then WTF is?

that was a excellent fight I thought, none stop action

people are voting "NO I CAN NAME 5 Better" but I nobody has actually done so hahaha
          Last edited by sicko; 07-08-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Wait, you're comparing the wbc world champion to an up n coming contender?? Solid comparison. BTW didn't ginger beat Hatton for his strap?? BTW who said anything bout Alexander??
            Having a Championship belt doesn't change the way how you observe a fighter, the fact of the matter is belt or not belt Kell Brook's competition has been pretty poor. If we're to follow your approach in previous threads he shouldn't be compared to the likes of Khan, Ortiz, Berto and Allexander who have displayed their abilities against better opponents.

Now would you be so kind as to answer my questions?

Comment

What I see is a lot of brook fans here severly overrating Jones as am attempt to mask over Kell's subpar performance.

Comment

I'll start by saying that Jones from yesterday beats, Berto, Ortiz, M Jones & even Amir Khan IMO. Especially Khan who folds like a burrito under pressure. He fought hard & took those late rounds with toughness & grit. His stamina & body punching were fabulous.

Now for Brook, he showed toughness & heart. He fought back through a broken nose & still threw combinations in every late fight rally that he could muster. He moved away skillfully under pressure & he made the final bell on heart alone.

I don't see how anyone could think that Khan beats Brook. Furthermore that Jones from last night probably runs Khan out of the ring. That fight was amazing. I advise anyone who hasn't seen it to get it somehow, great, great fight. Answers a lot of questions about both fighters. I want to see Khan fight Jones when he comes to welterweight.
                you've got to be joking on all accounts.
                this is a joke thread, right?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  Having a Championship belt doesn't change the way how you observe a fighter, the fact of the matter is belt or not belt Kell Brook's competition has been pretty poor. If we're to follow your approach in previous threads he shouldn't be compared to the likes of Khan, Ortiz, Berto and Allexander who have displayed their abilities against better opponents.

Now would you be so kind as to answer my questions?
                  The fact of the matter is that having a world title does change how I look at a fighter. Brooks is not a champion nor has he fought on the level of a champion. My approach to previous treads are not what you claim them to be, understand that 1st.

The reason why I feel how I do about ginger is because he is in fact a world champion. To compare his level of opposition to Brook, (a contender), makes no sense. Like I said, Brook beat Hatton moving along through the ranks, ginger beat Hatton for the wbc jr middleweight title.

Belts mean nothing to you, they mean something to me. Which is why you do not understand what I say or my opinion. Because your fundimental on which you base yours are different. To understand my opinion you need to realize that IMO championship level fighters are supposed to be fighting championship level opposition. If you don't understand that, i don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Wait?? You thought that fight was close??

how the fcuk is that a "1 sided beatdown" ?!!!!

give your head a wobble!

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
                      you've got to be joking on all accounts.
                      this is a joke thread, right?
                      The fact of the matter is that having a world title does change how I look at a fighter. Brooks is not a champion nor has he fought on the level of a champion. My approach to previous treads are not what you claim them to be, understand that 1st.

The reason why I feel how I do about ginger is because he is in fact a world champion. To compare his level of opposition to Brook, (a contender), makes no sense. Like I said, Brook beat Hatton moving along through the ranks, ginger beat Hatton for the wbc jr middleweight title.

Belts mean nothing to you, they mean something to me. Which is why you do not understand what I say or my opinion. Because your fundimental on which you base yours are different. To understand my opinion you need to realize that IMO championship level fighters are supposed to be fighting championship level opposition. If you don't understand that, i don't know what to tell you.
                      okay. i see.
                      this is a joke thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X