No announcement yet.

The Gamboa Rios situation is HBO and Top Ranks fault

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    This is typical of cowards. When they start realizing the risk involved, they ask for tons of money they don't even deserve. Not everyone can be Tyson, SRL, Pacquiao, Duran... This coward thinks he is.

it's not fair to call him a coward either. Clearly the problem he has is with the contract(s) from Oner and/or Top Rank. Which is fine, he shouldn't sign anything he doesn't want to. But at the same time he went about things in a totally unprofessional manner, and that's the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by da_beast View Post
      pmsl a Rios fan calling Gamboa a coward??? GTFOH... Gamboa had to take the decision to leave his family behind for his career..., That takes more balls than i have or anyone i know has.. A coward is someone boiling down and killing themselves so they can bully smaller guys...

Just wait till rios starts at jww... He wont be able to bully as much and when he comes up against someone he cant walk through that has decent fundementals he will get fu*ked...

There is no honour in blocking punches with your face.. I wouldnt dare call him a bum as he is/was a champion and that i have to respect...

His boxing abilities are limited... He is a fu*king coward calling out a fighter 2 weights below him,,,,
      He didn't call Gamboa out. Gamboa called Rios out, over and over, insisted he wanted the fight, and now apparently isn't happy about it.

Comment

This is one opportunity that could have showed his skills REGARDLESS of the money. If he wins he could have asked for the right amount of money he wanted. Fans would have supported him for it.

That's why money is just part of it. He realized he can't win this fight.

Last edited by al-Xander; 03-10-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          From The Ring magazine:

It’s common in professional boxing for the official contracts of a bout to remain unsigned until long after the matchup has been announced, sometimes until the week of the fight. However, the fighters customarily sign a bout agreement that details basic terms of the deal – including how much they are to be paid.

“This is a fight that was brought up by Gamboa and Gamboa’s co-promoter, Ahmet Oner, last year,” duBoef said. “Before his last fight in September, Oner told me that Yuriorkis Gamboa wanted to fight Manny Pacquiao – but first, he wanted Brandon Rios. He wanted to win the lightweight title. I never thought of that, but it was a fascinating matchup.

“I said let’s talk after his fight in September, and we did. Then we talked after Brandon’s last fight in December. We talked to Brandon and his manager, Cameron Dunkin, and in late January or early February, Rios agreed to do the fight.

“On Feb. 16, Top Rank, Arena-Box and Gamboa all had an agreement for the fight. Once we had that agreement, we set dates for the press conferences and we activated our partners. I’m just a promoter, I can’t do it alone. We need HBO, the Mandalay Bay, and our sponsors, Tecate and AT&T.”
          Not to mention that Gamboa requested that a presser was held in his Hometown of Miami

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Not to mention that Gamboa requested that a presser was held in his Hometown of Miami
            And that put the icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
              Try buying something on EBAY and then afterwards going "But I didn't sign a contractttttt wahhhhhh wahhhhh MR Ebay wahhhhhh Mr Ebay I didn't sign a contract wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
              Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
              Try purchasing an app on your iphone and then afterwards going "But I didn't sign a contract MR Ghost of Steve Jobs wahhhhhhh wahhhh I didn't sign a contract wahhhhh wahhhhh"
              I will put my life on the line and go ahead and say you don't have a smart phone or Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                With the Mayor of Miami there

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  I will put my life on the line and go ahead and say you don't have a smart phone or Ebay.
                  Well then you would be pretty stupid to do that.. I have both... I build websites and apps for a living dumbass..

We should consider this a legally binding contract witnessed by many..

Now go kill yourself pmsl....

Comment

Well then you would be pretty stupid to do that.. I have both... I build websites and apps for a living dumbass..

so then you agree that it's gamboas fault because he made a verbal agreement?

Comment

For a person who makes websites and apps, you sure don't know how to phukkkn read, I qouted MUSH twice and your ******ed thought I was talking about you. But i'm the dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                      X