Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Merqui Sosa: whats your thoughts on this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones vs Merqui Sosa: whats your thoughts on this fight?

Watched this again the other night. It has to be one of the most entertaining Jones fights I've ever watched. Does anyone here know why there wasnt a rematch? Sosa's people were real unhappy with the premature stoppage.
    Last edited by Toney616; 05-21-2011, 09:18 AM.

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post

Watched this again the other night. It has to be one of the most entertaining Jones fights I've ever watched. Does anyone here know why there wasnt a rematch?
    No need really, Jones put it on him good style

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      No need really, Jones put it on him good style
      I would of liked to have seen a few more rounds of it

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
        I would of liked to have seen a few more rounds of it
        Sosa was one hard man but i felt like Roy had proven he was on another level, highly watchable so i could have went for a rematch but we all knew who the better man was

Comment

Sosa was one hard man but i felt like Roy had proven he was on another level,
          True. Ive never seen Merqui hurt like that before though
          highly watchable so i could have went for a rematch but we all knew who the better man was
          I have no doubt that the rematch would of ended in a ko either, but it would of been nice to see either way.
          Last edited by Toney616; 05-21-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

There was zero demand for a rematch for that fight.

Comment

The only possible reason for a rematch would probably have been for that poor stoppage decision by the referee, other than that, I don't think it warranted a rematch. The fight was exciting while it lasted because Jones didn't hold back and if it lasted a few rounds longer, with Jones' keeping the same pace, the tempo of the fight would have slowed down drastically.

Comment

That is another one of Roy's very very underrated wins. Sosa was coming off 2 wins against Prince Charles Williams and a few year back gave James Toney all he could handle

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  That is another one of Roy's very very underrated wins. Sosa was coming off 2 wins against Prince Charles Williams and a few year back gave James Toney all he could handle
                  Yeah. He gave Toney fits, thats also a very entertaining fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IRISH LULLABY View Post
                    The only possible reason for a rematch would probably have been for that poor stoppage decision by the referee, other than that, I don't think it warranted a rematch. The fight was exciting while it lasted because Jones didn't hold back and if it lasted a few rounds longer, with Jones' keeping the same pace, the tempo of the fight would have slowed down drastically.
                    Thats what I was thinking about

Comment

Working...
                    X