Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruiz is a great boxer and I don't see how AJ is going to beat him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... forget the OP...

... please try and watch AJ's head movement and upper body movement... and his "inside game skills" under pressure...
    And that is a whole other kettle of fish that is perhaps even more an issue. I gave AJ a pass on this because fighters of this generation fight in an ammy like style and many upon many haave no concept of fighting inside. Many of the ins and outs of professional boxing used to involve a) being well rounded and fighting in all ranges. b) Particularly knowing how to deal with being neutralized inside because this was how pressure fighters neutralized speed and range.

The great Klitsko himself would flinch at times when pressured... and there is such a lack of guys utilizing this range that it makes a lot of us cry frankly. Ward, who some call dirty is an example, imo of a fighter who, may not have incredible athletic assets but was accurate and could fight on the inside.

Yes Ruiz has experience and will take the fight inside, he said so much. There is no way to train AJ at this point to go there. His best bet would be to neutralize, do what Klitsko did for years (I hated it) and grab Ruiz. but Ruiz won't stop punching and is hard to grab lol.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      And that is a whole other kettle of fish that is perhaps even more an issue. I gave AJ a pass on this because fighters of this generation fight in an ammy like style and many upon many haave no concept of fighting inside. Many of the ins and outs of professional boxing used to involve a) being well rounded and fighting in all ranges. b) Particularly knowing how to deal with being neutralized inside because this was how pressure fighters neutralized speed and range.

The great Klitsko himself would flinch at times when pressured... and there is such a lack of guys utilizing this range that it makes a lot of us cry frankly. Ward, who some call dirty is an example, imo of a fighter who, may not have incredible athletic assets but was accurate and could fight on the inside.

Yes Ruiz has experience and will take the fight inside, he said so much. There is no way to train AJ at this point to go there. His best bet would be to neutralize, do what Klitsko did for years (I hated it) and grab Ruiz. but Ruiz won't stop punching and is hard to grab lol.
      Klitschko was trained by Manny Steward...

As about Ward: sometime between 2010-2012 I was quite close to some people in "team Bute", and I've studied Ward's rough hose and grappling tactics... Ward practically fought all his career as a one handed inverted southpaw (because he injured his right shoulder at 12 yo and he undertook surgery only 16 years later)... Ward was a very gifted and intelligent fighter, but because of his "right hand handicap" he started early in appropriating those rough hose and grappling techniques... He didn't use them "in excess" -- in fact he used them 3-4 times, when he got in trouble, or he was just not technically good enough to out box or out land his opponent...

Comment

Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post
        AJ is good at mid range distance, but not long distance. Ruiz was his worst nightmare at mid-range. Hands are too fast, he hits too hard, got a solid chin, but most of all... His counter punching is unbelievable. The left hook will strike Joshua again.
        Ruiz isn't great but he still beats joshua in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Klitschko was trained by Manny Steward...

As about Ward: sometime between 2010-2012 I was quite close to some people in "team Bute", and I've studied Ward's rough hose and grappling tactics... Ward practically fought all his career as a one handed inverted southpaw (because he injured his right shoulder at 12 yo and he undertook surgery only 16 years later)... Ward was a very gifted and intelligent fighter, but because of his "right hand handicap" he started early in appropriating those rough hose and grappling techniques... He didn't use them "in excess" -- in fact he used them 3-4 times, when he got in trouble, or he was just not technically good enough to out box or out land his opponent...
          I had heard about the shoulder injury and the faux Lefty situation lol. But you elaborate on this info, which is very credible, to give more information about how good Ward was. Shows his intelligence, and that of his coach as well. His dad was a fighter also I was told.

Comment

I honestly feel the Anthony Joshua we saw 2 weeks ago...is Anthony Joshua. NONE of the other stuff coming from "WHY" he lost would have been mentioned had he finished Ruiz in the 3rd round. We can't forget him getting hurt by Whyte, Klitschko, Povetkin, and now this? The writing's been on the wall for me for some time now as it concerns AJ. Outside of Joshua landing a big punch Ruiz doesn't see or can't regroup from, I smell another Ruiz win.

Comment

he has to learn to fight going backwards, n to move that head... there are too many flaws to fix in short time, maybe a focused aj wll do better.... but it seems unlikely vs this style (ruiz).

Comment

When AJ was using his jab to Ruiz's midsection it was helping him.

He doesn't know how to hold, he backs up in a straight line and has the Amir Khan problem that he is more focus letting the offense go and forgetting the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  I had heard about the shoulder injury and the faux Lefty situation lol. But you elaborate on this info, which is very credible, to give more information about how good Ward was. Shows his intelligence, and that of his coach as well. His dad was a fighter also I was told.
                  "My Dad boxed in high school and was 15-0 as a heavyweight. He danced in the ring because that’s what you did. He wore all white leather Adidas boxing shoes with red stripes because you did. He ultimately taught me how to box out of his love for you."

... from Andre Ward's "Open Letter to Muhammad Ali"...

Comment

Things I know will happen in the rematch.

1. Ruiz will not get knocked out. Besides when Ruiz went down, he took Aj's best shot during that exchange, a beautiful right hand, clean and barely flinched.

2. There will be a few intense exchanges through the fight. It's inevitable. AJ is not going to keep Ruiz at bay with a jab for 12 rounds. Not realistic. Ruiz will push and get on the inside. There will be bombs thrown, Ruiz will lure AJ into a fight.

3. AJ will feel great back home, with his people.

4. Ruiz will be confident, in spite of fighting in the Uk.

5. The hype for this fight will be MASSIVE. It's going to transcend and the casuals will be jumping on board. Can't wait!

Comment

Not sure if anyone seen it but AJ GOT a knockdown ? lol

Reading some of the posts one would think Ruiz beat him severly and broke some bones ? lol

Boy I hope you guys keep the same energy and then say Aj is a great fighter if Ruiz is great now and not switch it around again as is always the case and say AJ is not this and that........ ?

Not sure if ppl remember a guy named Povetkin either ? I know you guys have memory lapses and cant fathom AJ has already defeated a more dangerous aggressor ,but hey ,that's how you guys operate on here that cant see Aj winning a rematch with Ruiz ,no evidence right ? . lol

Comment

Working...
                      X