Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's fighter style do you try to emulate? or whats your own style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's fighter style do you try to emulate? or whats your own style?

my personal favorite style was when roy jones fought vinny panzienza and jabbed constantly and countered with left hooks and completely sealed his eye shut.

winky wright his defense is what i usually do and hopkins offense i try and copy his fighting stance in a southpaw way

Comment

I'm a southpaw as well. I like keeping my hands up at all times, like Hopkins or Mayweather, and I like leading with a right hook (like Jones with the left hook..) I also like doing multiple jabs while stepping in (like De La Hoya) I'm still developing my straight left, since I'm not left handed, but I think I can do damage, I'm very accurate with it....I want to learn how to move and counter like Whitaker..

Comment

I try to emulate Mike Tyson's and Chavez's style, but people say, I remind them of Livingston Bramble. My first coach was a pressure fighter so alot of his students are what you would describe as " phone-booth" fighters so more like a Wayne McCullough and Ray Mancini. Right now I just joined this backyard boxing gym, it's this old mexican guy who's well-known throughout my area through other boxing coaches, I haven't been with him for a long time so it's hard to say what his style is similar to. It's also kinda tough cause I've been out of boxing for several years now and just trying to get the rust out of my system, I don't plan on competing anymore just trying to get back into shape and get back to sparring level. What's funny is some of the things that were taught to me by 1st ever boxing coach, this new coach of mine is in disagreeance w/ it, so I'm having a hard time adapting to his theories and approach to the game but at the same time I'm gaining new knowledge. I dread the day when I can no longer exercise the sport of boxing w/ fluidity, I would much rather lace 'em up than take a walk in the park.

Comment

The professional boxers I love to watch and try to learn from were and are " Finito" Lopez, Genaro Hernandez, Azumah Nelson, Hagler, Tito Trinidad, Holyfield.... I can go on and on. Boxers I like to watch' cause of amazing athletic ability are Roy Jones Jr., Mayweather Jr., Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard and Prince Naseem Hamed are some of the few

Comment

i try to emulate morrad's hakkar style , but i m winded after the first round

Comment

My favorite fighter is Vitali, but to have that style you have to have his physical attributes, i.e. it's just right for him. Wladimir's style is solid, but if I had to pick I'd go with Tyson. From my experience, htere's nothing like placing immense pressure properly on an opponent, that is overwhelming him with the accuracy, speed, and power which Tyson had. He was also cautious and had great slipping abilities. Plus in fighting is a must, and wiht Tyson's short arms this would be perfect.

Comment

i would say my style is a combination of the strengths of my faviorte fighters and a mix of my own strengths

i love roys ring work so i practice getting my movement down
                as well as spinks and byrd

i hit and move hit and move
                and defend while moving

mix my punches up from their speed to their power

my other fighter i love to mimmick is james toney
                i love his ellusiveness and ability to be offensive and defensive at the same time

thats something im working on as well

my own strengths is that i dont fight the same way
                i feel im l mimmick a cameleon more than any of my fav boxers
                because i swithc my gameplan up all the time

when if i ever become pro and people study me they can never say im going to come out and fight liek i ddi in my other fights

the only way i would is if my next opponent is just liek my last

i also study animals especially cats
                their reflexes is crazy

i watched a alley cat fight a dog before and loved how the cat stood gaurd and was able to nulify the dogs power with its speed and reflexes

and it wasnt a coensidence because i have 2 friends both with a cat and a dog and numerous times ive seen them scuffle
                and the cats beat the dogs
                using quick flurries counters

speed and movement is my game

Comment

I like many different styles. Namely Rjj's slickness, Tito's creeping death style and am trying to incorporate this into my own style. I'm more of a mover but need to work on standing in the pocket and using movement from my waist upward while staying in range to throw punches. I'm also trying to keep my hands up and chin tucked in ala Cotto. Lots of things to keep working at but practice makes perfect right?

Comment

You know what 's funny I see alot of posts that has RJJ all over it and guys, I must say that I thought you guys were smarter than that, Roy is an exciting athlete to watch, but to emulate his "style" is downright stupid, y'all have seen what happened to him in his last two fights. I think he's one of the worse fighters to pick stuff up from, the reality is none of us have or is close to his Royness's athletic ability and if someone tries the stuff that Roy does like lead w/ a hook or straight punch and have our hands down, against a guy that knows what they're doing, somebody will endup picking up their tooth or more off the floor.

Comment

Working...
                    X