Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny and the 40 million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I do think it was lower than it should have been Floyd was negotiating based on what paq has made in prior fights? He was kind of negotiating from the position of power.

It kind of falls in that gray area. Do you accept an offer that while lower than what you feel you are worth is more than what you have made or stand to make on any other fight? If you were looking at this from purely a money perspective does it make sense to turn down the highest offer you received on principle?

I just wonder as an advisor how do you advise against this deal when no other deal was going to pay this much or give you this much exposure.

Comment

Not to mention that because of his showing in the 4th fight with Marquez, he stands to make even less in his next fight. Although I feel both sides carry blame in this. Its clear Manny has suffered more from the fight not happening.

Comment

He offered him a 100% pay increase basically. Pacquiao won't ever see those paydays under Top Rank. Mayweather on this deal that can net him a quarter billion will be making a little more than 40 mill per fight to fight the likes of Robert Guerrero(Meh) and Saul Alvarez(Who I don't have a high opinion of).

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          It was a BS offer because Floyd wanted 100% of the ppv buys. He tried to screw Pac.
          Why do people keep saying this. Both sides said they didnt even get to mention anything on the back end.

Comment

and thats why FMW left top rank to make more money

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by black_celph View Post

It would seem so! It just does not make sense. Manny seems to have more fans (at least on facebook) A much fan friendlier style, and a more likable personality. For him to be in the position he is in I feel like his career has been mismanaged at points.

Comment

Comment

At the time I thought it was a bit on the low end, but that is the whole point of negotiating. Looking back now Manny looks like a complete idiot for passing on the biggest payday he could have ever made (that ship has sailed now). Really everyone involved should be kicking themselves for this fight not happening because Manny being KTFO along with years of bull**** posturing has ended up costing everyone involved dozens of millions. Because of how things have unfolded in Manny's career he is already looking pretty silly for turning down the offer.

Comment

As its been stated numerous times that "deal" couldn't have flown. Floyd transfers $40 million to Pacquiao completely bypassing top rank so floyd and Golden Boy could promote the fight leaving top rank out. Yeah that would work. Top Rank I'm sure would have ignored the contract Pacquiao is under and say, "sure Pacquiao, fight Floyd under Golden Boy promotions we'll sit this one out!"

Comment

was in the barbershop on the weekend and this was a hot topic....that 40 mill!!!...almost everyone who knows how to count is saying that was a big mistake by Manny to walk away from that bread....Koncz is Arum's puppet...Koncz plays the roll good...dudes THINK he's working for Manny when he REALLY works for Arum....they gassed Manny outta the biggest pay day he'd ever seen....but of course its Floyd's fault right?!?...GTFOH, those dudes who tell Manny what to do ****ed up big time!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X