Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, now that Ronnie S said that Lara beats Floyd, will he be hated like Martinez??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I'm not sold on Lara. Sometimes he looks spectacular, other times he's content to squeak by.

I do not bandwagon jump though. I'm a fan of fighters who fight the dangerous fight. Martinez did that. Don't act like it's anybody that ko's the Punisher. Floyd nor Pacman didn't want to fight him at 147. I don't need to look for the fighter to beat Floyd. Because the fighters that would beat him, he won't fight them.
    I think Lara fights and trains to his opponent and once he fights the better guys he'll shine.

What fighters beat Floyd? What fighters his own size can actually beat him? What fighters that bring money to the table or become his mandatory can beat him? I'm talking 147lbs or less. since he's never made the 154lbs weight limit. What P4P fighters can beat him that actually move up in weight and don't pray on smaller guys? You can't name any because they don't exist. It's always this big guy, this hard hitting guy, this southpaw, and at the end of the day nobody has taken that 0. 154lbs is too high for Mayweather yet he suppose to fight a middleweight lol. You have Pac fighting Catchweights and cherry picking to the fullest, Marquez fighting bums that nobodies heard of, yet lets pick on Mayweather lol!

Why do you guys want Floyd to lose so badly? He fought the best or tried to fight the best when he was younger. He always fights a guy that's a champion, brings money, or is a P4P guy since he's came back and he's 35 years old. This guy won't get credit until he gets knocked out by a heavyweight.

Comment

Martinez is hated? BY WHO? Maybe Chavez Jr Fans I guess

but Ronnie is Lara's Trainer, what is he suppose to say?

Comment

I'm not sold on Lara. Sometimes he looks spectacular, other times he's content to squeak by.
        How do you think he looked vs Hernandez?
        Originally posted by BradleyP4P#1 View Post
        I think Lara fights and trains to his opponent and once he fights the better guys he'll shine.
        Interesting observation. A lot of people actually feel this way about Lara and I think besides the issues he had in camp this is what happened coming into the Molina fight. Molina was his first real step up after 16 fights and he (Lara) was coming off of 4 1st round KO wins. We all know Molina is no joke and not sure why they give Lara **** about him.

Comment

who hates Martinez because he said he could beat Mayweather??

as for Lara I Know Floyd beats him I like the guy but he is little overrated around here he has problems with boxers from what I seen he would lose a decision but he will be competitive

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyP4P#1 View Post

What fighters beat Floyd? What fighters his own size can actually beat him? What fighters that bring money to the table or become his mandatory can beat him? I'm talking 147lbs or less. since he's never made the 154lbs weight limit. What P4P fighters can beat him that actually move up in weight and don't pray on smaller guys? You can't name any because they don't exist. It's always this big guy, this hard hitting guy, this southpaw, and at the end of the day nobody has taken that 0. 154lbs is too high for Mayweather yet he suppose to fight a middleweight lol. You have Pac fighting Catchweights and cherry picking to the fullest, Marquez fighting bums that nobodies heard of, yet lets pick on Mayweather lol!

Why do you guys want Floyd to lose so badly? He fought the best or tried to fight the best when he was younger. He always fights a guy that's a champion, brings money, or is a P4P guy since he's came back and he's 35 years old. This guy won't get credit until he gets knocked out by a heavyweight.
            The Punisher was welterweight when Floyd nor Pacman wanted to fight him, that's a fact & that's why boxing fans hated him. So Floyd is supposed to only fight fighters that bring money to the table?? Which is why it's ok to bash Floyd Martinez at 154?? Well then.............................................. ..

Btw I bash Pacman too. But not Marquez because he stepped up to welterweight to fight the consensus pfp #1 & #2 But neither would step to 154 to fight the consensus #3,lol!! When Marquez was never a welterweight champion, but Floyd, Pacman & Martinez all held titles at 154, another fact btw.

Comment

The Punisher was welterweight when Floyd nor Pacman wanted to fight him, that's a fact & that's why boxing fans hated him. So Floyd is supposed to only fight fighters that bring money to the table?? Which is why it's ok to bash Floyd Martinez at 154?? Well then.............................................. ..

Btw I bash Pacman too. But not Marquez because he stepped up to welterweight to fight the consensus pfp #1 & #2 But neither would step to 154 to fight the consensus #3,lol!! When Marquez was never a welterweight champion, but Floyd, Pacman & Martinez all held titles at 154, another fact btw.
              I've been watching boxing for too long... I actually do realize that it takes money to make money at the top. Guys have to earn their shots at P4P#1 AND PPV stars just like it's always been. Floyd is old and past prime but still good and he only wants money fights... he earned it so what's wrong with that. Why go through 4 weight classes chasing the PPV star to have to move up one more weight class to get finally get a shot? Because that's how it's been and even Floyd Mayweather had to do it to get his shot. Floyd had to go to a 5th weight division just to get his shot at PPV star Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar gave him a ****ty split, big gloves, and called all the shots since he earned his right to. Oscar fought everyone win/lose/draw. Floyd beat Oscar and became the man. Floyd was P4P #1 and a PPV star. Who was Paul Williams at this time? Who was he before that while Floyd held the belts at 147lbs? Was he ever Floyds mandatory? Who was Paul Williams ever in fact... he's now classified as a has-been former WBO Welterweight champ. And I for one don't feel sorry for anyone who gets hurt on a motorcycle. He lost to Margarito, Quintana, and got sonned by Martinez. I also forgot his gift from Lara! He was a tall lanky southpaw who threw a lot of punches. He's not that skilled he's just a freak that's style is one of a kind. Imagine him fighting guys his own frame or in his 5th weight class like 175lbs... You don't have to imagine Martinez 2 showed it but from a smaller guy. If these guys really want a shot at Mayweather they need to become his mandatory. Go to his weight class and call him out. Don't go up to middleweight and fight some people nobody knows and then call out the PPV stars. I heard Lara call out Martinez but heard nothing back... wonder why? High risk/low reward < low risk/high reward... it's ok until it doesn't fit ones agenda. If Floyd would turn down a mandatory and not fight a high profile fight/championship fight I wouldn't be a fan anymore. You are a Paul Williams fan and always have been. It's his fault that he didn't get a Mayweather fight not the other way around.

Marquez was a draw fighting 2 fighters who drew the most... Martinez who again? Ask the average person who Sergio Maravilla Martinez is? Now ask that same guy who Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather are... Mayweather and Pacquiao also fought around their walking around weight @ 147lbs. Where Martinez walks around higher than 154lbs. Marquez, Pacquiao, and Mayweather are not that different in size whereas Martinez is way bigger than Pac and Floyd. Marquez has fought the ****tiest competition out of him, Mayweather and Pacquiao in the last couple years by the way lol.

Comment

FLoyd is undefeated.....UNDEFEATED

Comment

There was a time right after the Martinez brutally stopped the Punisher that the entire boxing community jumped his bones. But then he called out Floyd & Pacman. Ever since, he become hated & notoriously viewed as overrated.

So my question is: Now that an educated trainer & boxing professor like Shields says that he believes Lara can beat Floyd will all the Lara sympathizer's become hateful & vindictive of Lara because of it??
                  I don't even understand your point. "But then he called out Floyd & Pacman. Ever since, he become hated & notoriously viewed as overrated." Lmao. What? When has Martinez become hated? What's the correlation between Martinez calling out the top 2 p4p at the time, and Shields giving his opinion about a certain fighter. What is it you're really trying to say?

And what the hell is a Lara sympathizer? When you look into it, what your really saying is, 'Floyd's fans will turn on Lara, suddenly becoming hateful & vindictive against him, supposedly because Ronnie Shields thinks Lara has a shot?' You're also implying that Floyd's fans are also Lara sympathizers. I don't know why you would assume that? Probably because they're both dark skinned.

But regardless, the TS is a troll bringing up Floyd's name as usual. "pre-mature dick riding" I think one poster called it.

/thread

Comment

Working...
                  X