No announcement yet.

Murad Muhammad: Pacquiao is the most superstitious fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murad Muhammad: Pacquiao is the most superstitious fighter

I hate Murad Muhammad, but I came across this. It's funny how he included Roach as one of Pac's superstitions and that's why he never left him. haha.

Just take this thread at face value.
    http://fighthype.com/pages/content7386.html
    PC: Who would you say was the most superstitious fighter that you have ever been around and what was his superstition?

MM: (Laughing) The most superstitious figher would have to be Manny Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao would not leave the Philippines unless he went past the gym that he was training in. Because of how big he became, if he didn’t do nothing but hit that bag 2 to 3 times before he got on the airplane, he would do it. Pacquiao had to sleep on the floor with his native guys; not in the bed, but on the floor. He thought if he didn’t do it, that would break his tradition and that’s being very superstitious. Pacquiao also wanted to stay at the Vagabond Hotel, which he goes to right now because of his superstition. And last, but not least, one of the reasons he never left his trainer [Freddie Roach] is because he’s superstitious and believes that he is winning with his trainer, so he will never leave him. I’m going to tell you a story about Pacquiao that no one knew. His father asked me to pick 3 trainers and one of them was Freddie Roach. I didn’t know Freddie Roach. I would have never picked Freddie Roach because I didn’t know Freddie Roach. So I asked the question, “Who is Freddie Roach?” Pops said Freddie Roach was trained by Eddie Futch. That’s how Pacquiao ended up with Freddie Roach. I could have said, “Let him go to Angelo Dundee or Slim Robinson,” or anyone of that nature and he would have went, but because they said Freddie Roach was with Eddie Futch and was trained by Eddie Futch, I said, “Okay then. That’s the trainer.” That’s how Roach got into that position, but yeah, Pacquiao was the most superstitious boxer I ever met.
    Pac called his former manager Rod Nazario (RIP) "tatay" which means dad. They're referring to him, not the guy who ate his dog.
    Last edited by Seleção No. 13; 04-12-2010, 10:15 AM.

Haters, potshotters and trollers in 3.....2.....1......

Comment

Bait title, I know. The ones who will change the subject once again will prove to be morons.

Comment

Pac has always struck me as being superstitious, is always said to be. One of the things freaking him out about the blood test most likely, last time he gave blood close to a fight he lost.

Not an excuse though.

Comment

Pacquiao's also "afraid" of buses and plane rides. TRUE STORY.

“Yes, we’re driving. He’s not taking the bus. You know Manny – he doesn’t want to change things. He’s superstitious. So why change it?” added Roach

Pacquiao has taken the Navigator to Vegas since he first fought Erik Morales in 2005, and all his fights in Sin City since then. Normally, he leads a convoy of around 12 to 15 vehicles, mostly SUVs.
          http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=420176

Comment

Working...
          X