Why Couldn't Triple G Land CLEAN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    GGG outlandedr nelo. But nelo was in survival mode so hard to land clean
    Outlanded Canelo in jabs that's it. He was outlanded in every other punch stat by canelo, body shots, uppercuts, power shots, etc. And even his jabs weren't landing clean many were hitting gloves and arms the ones that got through were grazing canelo, a lot had nothing on them just arm punches pawing. When he loaded up on jabs or anything big he missed and usually missed bad. That's why the more you see highlight clips from both fighters it favors canelo. He landed more clean shots, more hard shots.

Survival mode? Excuses for why GGG just missed all night. More like canelo defense made him look too one dimensional and slow. lol

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu
      View Post
      ... and do you think that Abel and GGG didn't notice that?... though, instead GGG didn't dig to the body in any circumstances...

... on another hand: many said here that Canelo will go for the GGG's soft body!... but Canelo didn't do that as well... do you think that Canelo could at least try that???

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      I agree. Canelo didn't target the body all that much. However he did do a little bit better in that department than GGG.

Now as far as Golovkin is concerned; Yes, he should have invested in the body more because it doesn't move. That was why Canelo had so much success in circling out of harm's way and avoiding the exchanges.

However, at the same time; Canelo's counter's are so quick and lethal that if GGG had decided to go to the body more, then chances are he would have risked getting hit by a punch he couldn't see; Possibly even dropping or wobbling him in the process.

So he decided to play it safe. At 160 Canelo doesn't have the same amount of weight or pop behind his punches. However, he compensates for his lack of punching power with precise timing, accuracy and speed.

Also, we must keep in mind that punch you don't see, is often the one that stuns and hurts an opponent.

My take is quite simple: they both didn't take chances, they both payed it safe -- with a view to a (possible) rematch... a rematch which would provide them with a big amount of money... and as I said before here: for me this was a staged fight... with ODLH foreseeing a trilogy since last week, with the fighter not taking real risks, and with the judges...

Comment

Doesn't matter how good your defence is when the other guy throws 200 more and lands 50 more. If you are getting outlanded in 10/12 rounds (with another round being even) then clearly you aren't as masterful at avoiding punches as you think.
        Last edited by T18Z; 09-19-2017, 07:44 AM.

Comment

I had it a draw. And in response to GGG landing more punches, the majority of those punches were jabs that had no effect and led to nothing. The only reason GGG threw so many jabs is because he was so ineffectual with everything else and when Canelo was against the ropes he was afraid to go in due to counter punches from Canelo so he settled on flicking out his jab.

The point of the jab is to set up combinations and GGG was not doing this.
          The point of the jab is to use it to get inside and GGG was not using his jab to get inside.
          The point of using the jab is for defense and to interrupt the other fighters rhythm or to keep him occupied, keep him at bay.

Now GGG did not use the jab for any of the above reasons. He only used it because he could not land anything else effectively and because he was bothered by Canelo's power shots. GGG was reduced to jab throwing in order to land anything. That is why Canelo was not bothered by the jab nor did he waste energy trying to dodge it. This is why I did not credit GGG's jab with winning him the fight. The jabs landing were immaterial. Plus I will go with Canelo's body punches over GGG jabs any day.

This fight resembles somewhat Toney-Jirov. GGG style is very similar to Jirov. Although Toney was much more effective than Canelo many complained about the outcome of that fight too. HBO had it for Jirov, so did Lederman, and so did the people in attendance and many in the press. But over time history has proven it was a masterful performance by Toney with his precise counter punching, even though he did not throw nearly as many punches as Jirov and Jirov was the aggressor. GGG reminds me so much of Jirov.

Comment

because now dont get mad but GGG just isnt that good.

Comment

Canelo Alvarez's defense is so overrated when taking into consideration that Golovkin out landed Canelo by around 100 punches. If that happens, then it's an indication of Canelo Alvarez's defense being ineffective and looking only impressive due to it being 'flashier' and more 'flamboyant' looking compared to Golovkin's minimalist defense.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                Doesn't matter how good your defence is when the other guy throws 200 more and lands 50 more. If you are getting outlanded in 10/12 rounds (with another round being even) then clearly you aren't as masterful at avoiding punches as you think.
                Exactly my point too!

Comment

Because hes straight up and down with no special effects.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                    I had it a draw. And in response to GGG landing more punches, the majority of those punches were jabs that had no effect and led to nothing. The only reason GGG threw so many jabs is because he was so ineffectual with everything else and when Canelo was against the ropes he was afraid to go in due to counter punches from Canelo so he settled on flicking out his jab.

The point of the jab is to set up combinations and GGG was not doing this.
                    The point of the jab is to use it to get inside and GGG was not using his jab to get inside.
                    The point of using the jab is for defense and to interrupt the other fighters rhythm or to keep him occupied, keep him at bay.

Now GGG did not use the jab for any of the above reasons. He only used it because he could not land anything else effectively and because he was bothered by Canelo's power shots. GGG was reduced to jab throwing in order to land anything. That is why Canelo was not bothered by the jab nor did he waste energy trying to dodge it. This is why I did not credit GGG's jab with winning him the fight. The jabs landing were immaterial. Plus I will go with Canelo's body punches over GGG jabs any day.

This fight resembles somewhat Toney-Jirov. GGG style is very similar to Jirov. Although Toney was much more effective than Canelo many complained about the outcome of that fight too. HBO had it for Jirov, so did Lederman, and so did the people in attendance and many in the press. But over time history has proven it was a masterful performance by Toney with his precise counter punching, even though he did not throw nearly as many punches as Jirov and Jirov was the aggressor. GGG reminds me so much of Jirov.
                    Exactly. He landed more jabs that's it. And had statistically his worst night ever missing more jabs and landing at a low connect rate. That's because he was ineffective at anything else and this was all he could land and most of the jabs weren't even clean. This was not him landing lazer hard jabs like the lemieux fight nope when he loaded up hard jabs like any other hard shot he missed. He was flicking the jab landing arm punches with nothing on it just to tap and land anything. The more you rewarch the fight the more you see how bad he missed and rarely landed anything clean.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Outlanded Canelo in jabs that's it. He was outlanded in every other punch stat by canelo, body shots, uppercuts, power shots, etc. And even his jabs weren't landing clean many were hitting gloves and arms the ones that got through were grazing canelo, a lot had nothing on them just arm punches pawing. When he loaded up on jabs or anything big he missed and usually missed bad. That's why the more you see highlight clips from both fighters it favors canelo. He landed more clean shots, more hard shots.

Survival mode? Excuses for why GGG just missed all night. More like canelo defense made him look too one dimensional and slow. lol
                      So Golovkin out landed Canelo Alvarez with just his jab alone whilst Canelo Alvarez landed less total punches even though he was landing more TYPES of punches? So what does it tell you about Canelo as a boxer that his more versatile abilities (more varied and types of punches landed) was inferior to Golovkin's less versatile and one dimensional abilities (only landed jabs) since Golovkin landed more punches with his jab alone than Canelo Alvarez was able to with more types of punches?

Comment

Working...
                      X