Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we underestimate Margarito's skill?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto got his ass whooped by a Mexican and boricuas can't handle it.

Comment

I love Margarito as a fighter. He was just tailor-made for Mosley and coming off a rough fight in Cotto. Bunch of idiots on here who think he's some bum.....I still think he is the toughest fight for Mayweather even though I belive Mayweather will beat him by an UD. He will put tons of pressure on Mayweather.

Comment

Yes...hes a solid veteran...

Comment

Originally posted by andres aza View Post
          Look at this video and he's not that bad as people here make him out to be skill wise.

hes like the homer simpson of real life...he just takes a beating until your exhausted and then take over

Comment

Of course he has some boxing skills, he has achieved it cause he has the basics down pack. What he lacks in skills and natural ability he had in punch output, stamina and chin to compesate. But the plaster incident gives right to question everything he has done in recent memory

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
              He has very good footwork, an underrated jab and right hand, knows how to parry and turn w/ punches better than anyone I can think of and knows how to set up power shots.

You don't become 3 time WW champion and stay in the top 5 WW rankings for a decade without any skill.
              I agree. If he was just a punching bag, he wouldnt be 3 times world champ! Theres a reason Money May didnt want any

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
                He has very good footwork, an underrated jab and right hand, knows how to parry and turn w/ punches better than anyone I can think of and knows how to set up power shots.

You don't become 3 time WW champion and stay in the top 5 WW rankings for a decade without any skill.
                This man stole my thunder as usual /end thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                  I love Margarito as a fighter. He was just tailor-made for Mosley and coming off a rough fight in Cotto. Bunch of idiots on here who think he's some bum.....I still think he is the toughest fight for Mayweather even though I belive Mayweather will beat him by an UD. He will put tons of pressure on Mayweather.
                  Marg has skills of course, anyone who says other wise doesn't watch or understand boxing.

He actually is a good boxer, he parrys the lead jab very well and is a very good inside fighter with the upper cut being his best punch.

Mayweather would embarrass Marg though, speed kills and he wouldn't know what to do with that kind of speed.

Comment

Do we underestimate Margarito's skill?

Yes!...All the time.

When I was a die hard Margo fan, I really never could wrap my brain around all the hate for the guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X