No announcement yet.

Headgear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headgear

Guys, I've recently started sparring, using old club headgear and it's time to get my own headguard.

The main thing that's troubled me sparring so far is that I've been clipped 3 or 4 times bang on the nose. No damage so far, just bloody nose, but I don't want a broken shnoz.

So: do I get a full face saver headguard with that big bar across, or can I find another style of headguard that maybe gives a bit of protection to the nose? I'm aware I might look like a ****** if I'm wearing a full facesaver sparring people with open face guards, and it might also encourage a lazy defence, so I'd rather not get this type. So I'm looking for some sort of middle ground.

If anyone's got any recommendations on what brand of headguard to get that would also be much appreciated, price range upto about £80.

Thanks in advance!!

you're going to take a few scratches

Comment

Originally posted by Superheavy View Post
      Guys, I've recently started sparring, using old club headgear and it's time to get my own headguard.

The main thing that's troubled me sparring so far is that I've been clipped 3 or 4 times bang on the nose. No damage so far, just bloody nose, but I don't want a broken shnoz.

So: do I get a full face saver headguard with that big bar across, or can I find another style of headguard that maybe gives a bit of protection to the nose? I'm aware I might look like a ****** if I'm wearing a full facesaver sparring people with open face guards, and it might also encourage a lazy defence, so I'd rather not get this type. So I'm looking for some sort of middle ground.

If anyone's got any recommendations on what brand of headguard to get that would also be much appreciated, price range upto about £80.

Thanks in advance!!

The pros use the bar so they don't get fcuked up during heavy sparring sessions. Don't worry about lookin like a ******.

If you think that's the best type of protection, then it's cool. I mean, as boxers we are tryin to protect out face and brain.

Sometimes it's good to take a solid shot in the face. So it doesn't come as a shock in a real fight.

Comment

If you do not want full-face I recommend a Mexican Style. They protect your nose more than you would think and still have good visibility. I am not sure if you want to purchase something from the U.S. but both of these are good:

http://ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25829
        http://ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25995

Comment

Guys, thanks a lot - much appreciated

Comment

Get Winning headgear, THE BEST PROTECTION for just a little more. im not sure if they have a Euro distributor but here is the us site. Winning-usa.com

Comment

I've got this one and it protects my nose alot more than it appears it would.

Comment

Working...
              X