Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Muhammad Ali's most underrated feature?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maenyfresh View Post
    he prob has Charlie Zellenoff top 10
    honourable mention for Joe louis who just misses out at no. 31

Comment

Hard to find something he is underrated for seeing as he is called the greatest heavyweight of all time. But I think as an earlier poster commented its probably his power. Opponents knew about his speed, footwork, accuracy, ring generalship, mental game, etc etc. But most never thought his jab was a hammer until he teed off on them for up to 15 rounds.

If anything I think the one thing he should be taken to task for is that he hardly ever went to the body. If you go back and check the tapes it was almost like he wanted his opponent to stick around as long as possible fighting so he can destroy them with his 1-2. IMHO if he learned or cared to go to the body he would have had many more KOs and his career would have lasted longer because he wouldnt have had so many rounds in him.

As a little kid I remember crying when a young Larry Holmes beat him. In his prime there's no way Holmes wouldve beaten him.

Comment

I dont see any category he was underrated in. if anything he was considered one of the best in everything, maybe not punching power but he had good pop

Comment

i think his physical strength is underrated. he was strong.

Comment

Hearing all of your responses have made me look at several things I haven't before.

His power seems to come up a lot and I agree with one of the earlier posts. He wasn't a one punch KO artist but he broke you down with time.

I apologize I didn't include a separate option for Power but I'm not sure weather to categorize it under Hand speed, hand work, accuracy, or have it's own category.

Comment

I voted accuracy.

Comment

Where is the option for power?

I think his power was underrated

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Wow........

So the guys beats Jones, Cooper, Liston, Patterson, Chuvalo, Mildenberger, Terrell, Folley, Quarry, Bonavena, Frazier, B. Foster, M. Foster, Ellis, Bugner, Norton, Foreman, Lyle, Young, and Shavers.......3 ATG HW's (Liston, Frazier, Foreman) and 4 other HOF fighters (Patterson, Norton, B. Foster, Moore).

Beat everyone in his era, called the Golden Era of HW boxing, and isn't in your Top 5 or at the very least Top 10???
                  You realise there are other weight divisions besides heavyweight? There are easily 30 guys better than Ali throughout history.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                    You realise there are other weight divisions besides heavyweight? There are easily 30 guys better than Ali throughout history.
                    Easy?

If it is easy name them?

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                      LOL man you made a foolish post, we all do that from time to time just back down, you're not going to name me 30 greater fighters than Ali

Comment

Working...
                      X