No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield Who? Evander Becomes Unknown on NBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Holyfield Who? Evander Becomes Unknown on NBC

It's more than a decade since Evander Holyfield was one of the most well known athletes on the planet as the owner of the undisputed world heavyweight boxing championship.

[Click Here To Read More]

Probably says more about NBC than it does about Holyfield's celebrity status.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
      Probably says more about NBC than it does about Holyfield's celebrity status.
      ^^^ This more than anything. H*ll even my wife who never watched boxing till she had to with me knew who he was. One time I was watching an old fight on ESPN Calssic and she said "wasn't he the guy Tyson bit."

Comment

That's the same network that pushed to have 67 seconds breaks between rounds so they can show commercials. SMH

Comment

lets get video?

Comment

How do you not know who Evander Holyfield is? Or, an even better question, how do you FORGET who he is.....? As one of my fellow posters stated above, this says more about NBC's credibility and prestige, or lack thereof. This article was a bit unprofessional as well, "comical"...? Oookay..? I don't know, but that's bizarre.

Comment

Well i think that says more about the network that they don't know a sport's legend

Comment

Holyfield was still doing mainstream commercials only a few years ago. He is still one of the most recognizable boxers, he isn't forgotten. NBC are tards.

Comment

So not every exisiting human on earth knows who he is or recognize his him by face. The article says it was a pop montage of interviwed tourists. Just so happens that the reporter ran into Holyfield not knowing he is a famous figure. It can happen to many other famous figures, not just from sports. Take for example: I know show "Lost" is popular, but I wouldnt know a single cast member if I ran into them on the streets.

Comment

I think the one who interviewed Evander was Ryan Seacrest.

Someone said it was Seacrest who interviewed him and didn't even know he was a former Olympian or boxer just thought he was a random fan at the Olympics.

Pretty sad. I would like to see the video though if anyone has it, is it on NBCOlympics.com?

Comment

Working...
                    X