Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes a good slick fighter?why is it some fighters do not have this trait?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Obvious Larry alt is obvious...
    No Alt it is me Larry,but my account is banned so this is my account

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
      Boxing evolved from prize fighting enough said.
      Explain please

Comment

Slick has it's place but I have seen Slick overpowered and outwilled. For every slick fighter, there is a type of fighter that beats slick, and vice-versa.

Comment

Boxing would be a very boring sport if there was only "slick" fighters. Bernard Hopkins is a great fighter, but he isn't the most exciting fighter to watch. The fact that there are many styles is what's good about boxing. You have some guys who are defensive, offensive, both, etc. You choose which style you like and go with it. Some people like to come forward, some like to counter, etc. Plus it takes two to tango. When you get two slick guys in a fight you get Hopkins-Jones II or Hopkins-Jones I, for that matter. Boxing is about risks. Floyd Mayweather, the slickest fighter, has said many times, "I'm willing to die in the ring, are you?" Slick is fine but it still has to be coupled with the warrior mentality.

Comment

Probably has a lot to do with surroundings and what you were brought up to believe how the sweet science should look.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx is dead View Post
              See people have the wrong misconception about boxing cause they watched them damn Rocky Movies,boxing is hit and don't get hit,dish out punishment and don't take it...aint nun cool bout taking punishment son.
              Yea, but honestly would we love boxing as much as we do if there weren't fighters who just hit and got hit? I don't think so. Look at the best fights of the year, none of them are fights where one guy boxes the other guys ears off. It's cool to see but the guys who like to fight are more fan friendly.

Comment

Athleticism.
                Talent.
                Confidence.
                Experience.

Comment

reflexes, physical speed, and boxing sensibilities.

Comment

Some fighters r born with flat feet... As athletic as Cotto made himself, he's still a flat footed boxer when at his best

Than there r guys like Margarito, flat footed and not even gonna try to change

Some people have certain talents, others don't... Its how it always is

Comment

Working...
                    X