No announcement yet.

Roach to politics-bound Pacquiao: Beat Mayweather before retiring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach to politics-bound Pacquiao: Beat Mayweather before retiring

Pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao is bent on running for office that he’s set his eyes on retiring next year.

But his long-time trainer Freddie Roach has one piece of advice to his politics-bound ward: Beat Floyd Mayweather, Jr. first in an ultimate battle for the mythical P4P title before hanging up your gloves.

“I would like (Manny) to finish with beating Mayweather," Roach said in an interview in Baguio City, where Team Pacquiao is encamped for the Pacman’s training for his upcoming fight with Miguel Cotto.

Pacquiao reasserted his decision to vie for a congressional seat next year, a sign that he was ready to call it a day insofar as his illustrious boxing career is concerned.

"Buo na ang pasya ko. Talagang tatakbo ako," Pacquiao told mediamen at the Baguio City Hall Thursday, when he paid Mayor Reinaldo Bautista, Jr. a courtesy call.

“I will be announcing that (candidacy). Alam mo, kung magserbisyo ka sa mga tao, serbisyo talaga yan e. Ayaw na sana ako palabanin ng mama at pamilya ko. Sabi niya noon, last na yung kay (Ricky) Hatton, sabi ko hindi kasi malayo pa naman ang eleksyion. Pwede pa ako lumaban."

Roach said he would not dissuade his prized pupil from pursuing his political plans and turning his back on boxing.

"I have no problem if he retires. What more can he ask for? He is the greatest fighter of all time," Roach said.

But of course, such greatness won’t be complete without one of the best fighters in this era – Mayweather – in Pacquiao's list of victims. - GMANews.TV

link

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
    Pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao is bent on running for office that he’s set his eyes on retiring next year.

But his long-time trainer Freddie Roach has one piece of advice to his politics-bound ward: Beat Floyd Mayweather, Jr. first in an ultimate battle for the mythical P4P title before hanging up your gloves.

“I would like (Manny) to finish with beating Mayweather," Roach said in an interview in Baguio City, where Team Pacquiao is encamped for the Pacman’s training for his upcoming fight with Miguel Cotto.

Pacquiao reasserted his decision to vie for a congressional seat next year, a sign that he was ready to call it a day insofar as his illustrious boxing career is concerned.

"Buo na ang pasya ko. Talagang tatakbo ako," Pacquiao told mediamen at the Baguio City Hall Thursday, when he paid Mayor Reinaldo Bautista, Jr. a courtesy call.

“I will be announcing that (candidacy). Alam mo, kung magserbisyo ka sa mga tao, serbisyo talaga yan e. Ayaw na sana ako palabanin ng mama at pamilya ko. Sabi niya noon, last na yung kay (Ricky) Hatton, sabi ko hindi kasi malayo pa naman ang eleksyion. Pwede pa ako lumaban."

Roach said he would not dissuade his prized pupil from pursuing his political plans and turning his back on boxing.

"I have no problem if he retires. What more can he ask for? He is the greatest fighter of all time," Roach said.

But of course, such greatness won’t be complete without one of the best fighters in this era – Mayweather – in Pacquiao's list of victims. - GMANews.TV

link
    He's just saying 'Pacquiao get your biggest payday from Floyd even though he will beat you,that way we all get a hefty payday'

Comment

They are looking past Cotto, Pac is in for a beating on Nov. 14.

Comment

Beat Mayweather, retire, and enjoy life as a normal man instead of throwing away money inti politics...

Comment

Working...
        X