No announcement yet.

Roadwork, Skipping etc for better legs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadwork, Skipping etc for better legs

I think Bertos got some real powerful legs, what sorta workout/routine would i need to get mine as powerful as his?

i already run like 2wice a week but my legs still feel weaker than my upper body.

Originally posted by Browne View Post
    I think Bertos got some real powerful legs, what sorta workout/routine would i need to get mine as powerful as his?

i already run like 2wice a week but my legs still feel weaker than my upper body.
    twice a week? you better be running at least 12 miles a day during those 2 days a week!

how much do you run on those 2 days?

sprints and fast paced jump roping are the keys to building up yours legs, especially your stamina

Comment

twice a week isnt much and it wont build "powerful legs" if you want power you have to do things that require power not endurance. Squats, deadlifts, jump squats, long jumps, depth jumps, sprints, sprints up a hill, intervals, etc.

Comment

Id definitely say squats and kick it up with the running. I run about 4 or 5 times a week. btwn 2 to 6 miles depending on what kind of workout I have going on that day. Any time I dont run or only run two miles or so I skip rope as well to get the stamina right. Only thing I havent incorporated which I have been told is a must is sprints. I just dont do them as often.

Comment

I train 5 days a week and run 5 days a week.

Try, squats, lunges and sprints. Thats what i do to build my legs

Comment

theres a muay thai trick that'll turn ur calves into steel, put a tire (bigger the better) on its side and bouce up and down on it. it sounds kinda fruity but after a few minutes ur legs will BURN. u can shadowbox the same time.

any explosive exercise with lots of starts and stops will help. u can make it even harder with some resistance (running in a pool, get one of those training chutes)

Comment

Thanks

thanks, guess i'll up my roadwork.

btw, for doing squats. should add weights, if so, how much weight should i use?

Comment

thanks, guess i'll up my roadwork.

btw, for doing squats. should add weights, if so, how much weight should i use?
                Depends on you. Start off doing (lower weight) moderately high reps and work your way down to 5 reps a set (heavy weight). Whatever weight you need to hit the reps you want is the weight you need. Having the equivalent of your bodyweight on your back would be a good start.

Comment

Do you box? box or not, try plyometric exercises, that's the ****

Comment

There have been some fighters over the years with massive legs/calf, here's a few!

Hard to get pictures to see the full leg buy Naseem Hamed, Manny-Pac, Mike Tyson also had really big legs.

Comment

Working...
                    X