Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top form, Roy Jones Jr vs Andre Ward

@168 or 175....who u got?

RJJ

Ward loses a UD. Jones too athletic for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
      @168 or 175....who u got?
      Ward was the far better technician but when Roy was at his best he was superhuman. Its hard to pick against him.

Comment

In his prime, RJJ is unbeatable.

Comment

Jones knocks him out

Comment

You definitely can't count Ward out since at his best he's very difficult to fight, but if I was betting money on this fight I'd pick Jones Jr. to win by UD or SD.

Comment

A draw. 118-110, 114-114, 115-113.

Comment

Prime for Prime, Jones would win in my opinion. Just too slick and athletic for Ward although it would be competitive. 8 rounds to 4 imo

Comment

I wouldnt pick anyone over a prime roy

Comment

People need to review their history

Jones-Griffin 1: for as superhuman a physical talent Roy Jones Jr was in his utter prime, Montell Griffin/Eddie Futch we're still able to, behind smarts and great tactics, box their way to a 5-4 fight at the time of the stoppage.

Roy was great, but he did things glaringly wrong that someone could exploit if 1)you knew what you were looking at and 2)you had the right fighter.

Whether Virgil Hunter is as good a coach as Eddie Futch was doesn't matter; Hunter is a hell of a coach (arguably the best coach currently in the sport) and Andre Ward is a world's better fighter than Montell Griffin.

Roy's not going anywhere, Andre's not going anywhere, and in the race to win 7 rounds of 12, I see Ward getting their quicker.

Comment

Working...
                    X