Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Thompson landed that punch on Wladimir last year, Wladimir woulda been down too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehhhh dont really feel like this conversation right now. Absolutely gutted.

I wasnt even this upset when Haye lost because, at least Haye took Wlads best shots. KOs just hurt in a different way.

Comment

The shot Wach landed on Wlad (i forget which round it was but in the middle rounds i think) was harder than this shot.

Comment

Klitschko= Hit and not get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          When a guy who weighs 250lbs+ hits you around that area, you go down.
          No ****.. the point of boxing isn't to take flush punches on the chin...

It's hit and not get hit.

Wladimir would never get hit with a shot like that. Price has no defense. Did you see how low his hands were?

The Klitschko's don't get any credit, but it's okay they keep winning.

Comment

Wladimir has never been knocked out by a single punch, even though he's been nailed by Sander, Haye, Peter, etc.

However, I do agree that this is not the end for Price. If I were Price I would take one easy-ish fight and then fight another opponent on Thompson's level. This time I would put every power punch behind a jab (which he mostly did) and cover up when at close range (which he didn't). This advice could be given to Khan as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Lmao Wlads punch resistance may not be the best but it ain't that fawking bad, give the guy some credit.

Since when has Thompson ever been a one hitter quitter? It was a little tap to the ear ffs
              Burst his eardrum apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                for real? you got a source? (not calling bullsht just wanted to read)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  If that's the case disturbing is a word that comes to mind bcse in all reality it wasn't that hard of a punch to think it would cause severe damage. His ability or lack there of to even get hit at all is concerning

Comment

Wach landed harder punches on Wlad, even Haye landed a couple of good shots that were more solid than the punch landed by Thompson on Price.

Sure, Wlad has a bad chin but it's not the worse ever, and his defense has improved a lot in the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                      Wach landed harder punches on Wlad, even Haye landed a couple of good shots that were more solid than the punch landed by Thompson on Price.

Sure, Wlad has a bad chin but it's not the worse ever, and his defense has improved a lot in the past few years.
                      I wouldn't call his chin bad. He took about the same punch that stunned Valuev and KOed Chisorra (this was slightly stronger).

His chin is good for this area and about average generally.

Comment

Working...
                      X