Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What be your experience of racism? don't matter if u black, or white, what it be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People often think I cant dance because I'm white

The prejudice must end!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post

The prejudice must end!
      LOL...

I once got on a bus in Barbados...they have these attendants that sit there and collect fares...the drivers just drive. Anyways I wasn't sure where I was going and asked her what stop I needed to get off at and she just sharply turned her head and looked out the window and refused to even hear my question. Those Bajans hate white people but damm they love their money.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Lacist......

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post

The prejudice must end!
          I didn't know making fun of white people when they dance salsa by jumping up and down like if they were in some religious cult was racism...so I apologize to you...i'm so shame of myself...

Comment

You people think it funny, but when you walk the street you want to hear people sing a bob marley song every 5 minute? Or when it night, them people cross the road like I got some disease? Ha, that just small thing, the big picture is coming people, it coming and I will open your eyes. Peace

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Pssst, become friends with a black person, they'll give you one.

...I've said too much.

Comment

I experience racism quite a lot as a whiteboy living in Japan. Most people are nice about it, they're just ignorant and make generalizations and assumptions based on race, which is only a little bit racist (in those case where it does in fact cross the line, that is). I don't really experience any malicious racism, at all. The worst racism though comes from the cops here. Japanese cops are pretty pathetic and weak, and they are only good for giving directions. They don't really specialize in solving crime, or anything like that. But, I've been harassed a bit from time to time, for things like riding a bicycle (they see me and have to stop me to check my registration. I make it a point now to not register me bicycles, which isn't a mandatory thing to do. It saves me some time as they don't need to call in my registration number to make sure the bicycle isn't stolen.) I've similarly been followed home numerous times by police cars when riding my bicycle.

This is all pretty benign though. It gets to you a little bit, if you live here for a long time, but it isn't anything serious whatsoever. Besides, as an American, I have to also be sensitive to the fact that Japan is basically a quasi-colony of the US, and all of this, including the historical relationship with the US military ever since 1945 and continuing through today, contributes very much to the state of conditions, including with regards to my own experiences. That might sound oblique, but if you live in Japan for a bit you will start to understand what I mean.
                Last edited by Drunken Cat; 08-17-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I moved from New Mexico to Colorado when I was in 6th grade, honestly coming from N.M. I didn't even know what racism was. Went to a predominately white school in Colorado, and around 8th grade some white kids wrote "We#back" and "Bea*er" on my locker. First time I experienced racism but certainly not the last.

Comment

Racist paint

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                      Racist paint

good Lord! seriously?? sheeeit! i will kick a can of paint's motherphucking ass!

Comment

Working...
                      X