No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Destroys Julius Indongo in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    You're wrong. Gamboa won interim titles at super featherweight and lightweight before fighting Crawford.
    Okay. I remember Gamboa fighting Darling Jimenez at 130 and then going back to featherweight but I didn't realize that he fought at superfeatherweight and lightweight after that. I stand corrected. Who did he beat for the interim lightweight title?

Comment

• Broner and Granados should be there. They would be the best guys in division.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Gamboa had had one fight at 130 for an interim title I believe and then he had one fight at 135 before Crawford but he was obviously undersized at the weight.
        My bad. Someone else also pointed out to me that Gamboa fought and was successful at 130 and 135 prior to fighting Crawford. One thing is for sure, when Gamboa was at the height of his powers, I remember thinking that this guy is going to absolutely dominate for years to come. I am still stunned at how his career has turned out for someone who looked like a sure fire hall of famer. Peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
          Either Indogo was ill or paid to lose. He didn't look like he wanted to fight.
          Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Kinda surprised that Indongo got blown out like that.
          I'm not.

It's about time everyone accept what some were saying back when Crawford/Indongo was signed: Indongo was a paper champion. His only good win was the unification fight last year against Burns who was WAY past the sell date.

Troyanovsky is the textbook definition of a padded fight resume.

All Indongo really has is power. If you don't square up on him, he's just a C-level fighter.

Comment

• Good strong showing from Regis. Indongos legs and Rhythm looked off balance since round 1, mentally he didn't look ready like Crawford took his soul from him.

Comment

• Hahaha i still can't believe people claim Crawford is a #P4P fighter. His wins are trash.

Comment

• To think Terence Crawtard fanboys actually thought Bumdingo was actually a good win hahahahaha!
                They actually also think a midget 2 year lay off Gamboa win and Ricky Burns is a good win, smdh!
                Crawford resume looking weaker by the minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  I'm not.

It's about time everyone accept what some were saying back when Crawford/Indongo was signed: Indongo was a paper champion. His only good win was the unification fight last year against Burns who was WAY past the sell date.

Troyanovsky is the textbook definition of a padded fight resume.

All Indongo really has is power. If you don't square up on him, he's just a C-level fighter.
                  Surely you wouldn't expect him to be blown away like a bum like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                    Prograis just looked better against Indongo than Crawford did. Literally. Indongo is quite possibly the toughest opponent Bud has ever fought, and this prospect hurt Indongo with every punch he landed. Either move Bud out of the p4p rankings, or put Prograis right beside him. This Prograis was before tonight considered a prospect. And he just beat Bud's toughest opponent. That says a lot about how weak of competition Bud has had to face to be considered p4p. Haymon doesn't pay the journalists, Arum do.
                    It's not about only certain promoters paying journalists bro. Pay attention to the patterns. Floyd and Ward both retired, the most hyped American boxers of the last decade. The corrupt boxing establishment in the US needed to find a replacement. That's just how it works. Look at who has been ranked #1 P4P the last literally 50 years in boxing basically. We went from SRL to RJJ to Floyd to Ward to now they trying to put Crawford there. In the past the Americans were usually the best at boxing so it made sense the best American was the top P4P in the sport, but it is also political. The corrupt boxing establishment in the US is going to make way more money off an American P4P champ than a Russian or any other nationality besides Mexican, especially on US Networks.

So basically, whenever one generation is ending, all the bought off boxing writers and so on will start to hype the next generation of American stars like Crawford. They don't even have to do half as much as foreign boxers, but they will rank them ahead because of the money. If you actually compare Crawford's best wins to Lomachenko's or even Usyk's, there's not much comparison, but a lot of places still have Crawford ranked above. Now imagine if Crawford was the Ukrainian, and Loma was the American, Crawford wouldn't be ranked above him anywhere not even in Ukraine. They also gave Crawford Fighter of the Year a lot of places for beating Indongo and some other C-level guys. It is what it is.

It's just like they got Keith Thurman in the top 10. Another American guy. In case he beats Spence, then they can hype him instead, but mostly it's because they expect Spence to win and they want to be able to put Spence at #1 or #2 after that by saying "he beat someone on the p4P list" when in reality, Thurman hasn't proved ****, he showed a lot of vulnerability against Porter and DSG who are B+ welterweights at best.

The other thing you need to know about Crawford, Top Rank don't trust his chin at all. He has skills but he's never had to take any punishment. He has a thin torso which could make him vulnerable to the body, and they don't trust his chin. Ever since Gamboa hurt him, they've matched him with about 9 or 10 guys in a row who have less than 50% knockout percentage, no power at all. The only power puncher Crawford has fought at 140 was past prime John Molina. That's it.

People understand, that is the textbook way to overhype a fighter. All you need to do is match him against boxers who can't punch, and punchers who are so bad at boxing they can't land a single punch. Boxers who cant punch, punchers who cant box. 10 fights in a row like that, and people will think your guy is superman because he overpowers every boxer who cant punch, and he outboxes and beats down every puncher who cant box or defend himself. That's what they have done with Crawford, but he hasn't beaten anyone even B+ level yet let alone A-level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                      Surely you wouldn't expect him to be blown away like a bum like that.
                      By Prograis with an 86% KO ratio and a straight upset over Joel Diaz Jr.? yeah, I saw it clearly possible.

People are overrating Indongo and underrating Prograis. He's a solid, dangerous B-level fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X